Subject: [PATCH ipsec-next 0/7]: Support multiple VTIs with the same src+dst pair

From: Lorenzo Colitti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 02:06:00 +0900

When using IPsec tunnel mode, VTIs provide many benefits compared
to direct configuration of xfrm policies / states. However, one
limitation is that there can only be one VTI between a given pair
of IP addresses. This does not allow configuring multiple IPsec
tunnels to the same security gateway. This is required by some
deployments, for example I-WLAN [3GPP TS 24.327].

This patchset introduces a new VTI_KEYED flag that allows
configuration of multiple VTIs between the same IP address
pairs. The semantics are as follows:

- The output path is the same as current VTI behaviour, where a
  routing lookup selects a VTI interface, and the VTI's okey
  specifies the mark to use in the XFRM lookup.
- The input and ICMP error paths instead work by first looking up
  an SA with a loose match that ignores the mark. That mark is
  then used to find the tunnel by ikey (for input packets) or
  okey (for ICMP errors).

In order for ICMP errors to work, flags are added to the common
IP lookup functions to ignore the tunnel ikey and to look up
tunnels by okey instead of ikey.

On the same IP address pair, keyed VTIs can coexist with each
other (as long as the ikeys are different), but cannot coexist
with keyless VTIs. This is because the existing keyless VTI
behaviour (which this series does not change) is to always accept
packets matching an input policy, regardless of whether there is
any matching XFRM state. Thus, the keyless VTI would accept the
traffic for the keyed tunnel and drop it because it would not
match the keyed tunnel's state.

Changes from RFC series:
- Processing of ICMP errors now works when ikey != okey.
- Series now contains changes to the common tunnel lookup
  functions to match tunnels by okey and to ignore ikey when
  matching.
- Fixed missing EXPORT_SYMBOL for xfrm_state_lookup_loose.
- Made vti6_lookup static as it should have been.