Subject: Re: BUG warnings in 4.14.9

From: Ido Schimmel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2017 22:54:37 +0200

On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 07:59:55PM +0100, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> Guys,
> 
> Chris reported the bug below and confirmed that reverting commit
> 9704f81 (ipv6: grab rt->rt6i_ref before allocating pcpu rt) seems to
> have fixed the issue for him. This patch is a94b9367 in mainline.
> 
> I personally have no opinion on the patch, just found it because it
> was the only one touching this area between 4.14.8 and 4.14.9 :-)
> 
> Should this be reverted or maybe fixed differently ?

Maybe I'm missing something, but how come this patch even made its way
into 4.14.y? It's part of a series to RCU-ify IPv6 FIB lookup that went
into 4.15.

Anyway, the mentioned bug was already fixed by commit 951f788a80ff
("ipv6: fix a BUG in rt6_get_pcpu_route()") when the code was still in
net-next.