Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2 4/4] net: mvpp2: 2500baseX support

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 16:20:36 +0100

> @@ -4612,6 +4616,9 @@ static int mvpp22_comphy_init(struct mvpp2_port *port)
>  	case PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_1000BASEX:
>  		mode = PHY_MODE_SGMII;
>  		break;
> +	case PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_2500BASEX:
> +		mode = PHY_MODE_2500SGMII;
> +		break;

I think this is the source of confusion with linux/phy.h and
linux/phy/phy.h.

What would PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_2500SGMII use?

Where is this all getting confused? Should the caller to
mvpp22_comphy_init() actually be passing PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_2500SGMII?
What is the MAC actually doing at this point? 2500BASEX or 2500SGMII?

At minimum there needs to be a comment that this is not a typ0,
otherwise you are going to get patches submitted to 'fix' this.

	Thanks
		Andrew