Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: gianfar_ptp: move set_fipers() to spinlock protecting area

From: Richard Cochran <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 19:39:18 -0800

On Mon, Jan 08, 2018 at 10:53:40AM -0200, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 8:13 AM, Yangbo Lu <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > set_fipers() calling should be protected by spinlock.
> > This patch is to move set_fipers() to spinlock protecting
> > area in ptp_gianfar_adjtime() function.
> 
> It would be nice to explay why.

Maybe this is important?

/* Caller must hold etsects->lock. */
static void set_fipers(struct etsects *etsects)
{
	set_alarm(etsects);
	gfar_write(&etsects->regs->tmr_fiper1, etsects->tmr_fiper1);
	gfar_write(&etsects->regs->tmr_fiper2, etsects->tmr_fiper2);
}

Thanks,
Richard