Subject: Re: [patch net-next 3/5] net: sch: prio: Add offload ability to PRIO qdisc

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 01:42:16 -0800

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 09:20:46 +0000
Nogah Frankel <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > > > > Could we please pass the full qstats on replace and destroy.
> > > > > This simplifies the driver code and allows handling the qlen
> > > > > as well as backlog.  Please see the 2 patch series I sent
> > > > > earlier yesterday.  
> 
> On replace - no problem.
> On destroy, I think it is redundant because the qdisc is going to be
> deleted anyway.

Right, the hope was it wouldn't matter and could make the code easier
to follow, but the replace with new qdisc complicates things.

> (To make sure that we are on the same page, if replace in the HW
> fails, we "rollback" only the backlog and qlen. The rest of the
> counters like TX count should reflect the number of the packets that
> passed in the HW while this qdisc was offloaded)

Agreed!