Subject: Re: dvb usb issues since kernel 4.9

From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 08:46:22 -0200

Em Sat, 13 Jan 2018 07:09:20 -0200
Mauro Carvalho Chehab <[email-masked]> escreveu:

> Em Fri, 12 Jan 2018 13:48:46 -0800
> Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]> escreveu:
> 
> > On Fri, 2018-01-12 at 19:13 -0200, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> > > 
> > > 
> > > The .config file used to build the Kernel is at:
> > > 	https://pastebin.com/wpZghann
> > > 
> > 
> > Hi Mauro
> > 
> > Any chance you can try CONFIG_HZ_1000=y, CONFIG_HZ=1000 ?

It actually made it a lot worse! without Linus patch (or reverting the
softirq patch), on a 4 minutes of capture, it got all those errors:

Jan 13 10:41:41 rpi3 tvheadend[226]: TS: DVB-S Network/12130H/NBR: H264 @ #1911 Continuity counter error (total 1)
Jan 13 10:41:42 rpi3 tvheadend[226]: TS: DVB-S Network/12130H/NBR: MPEG2AUDIO @ #1912 Continuity counter error (total 1)
Jan 13 10:42:14 rpi3 tvheadend[226]: TS: DVB-S Network/12130H/NBR: H264 @ #1911 Continuity counter error (total 3)
Jan 13 10:42:47 rpi3 tvheadend[226]: TS: DVB-S Network/12130H/NBR: H264 @ #1911 Continuity counter error (total 4)
Jan 13 10:42:58 rpi3 tvheadend[226]: TS: DVB-S Network/12130H/NBR: H264 @ #1911 Continuity counter error (total 5)
Jan 13 10:42:58 rpi3 tvheadend[226]: TS: DVB-S Network/12130H/NBR: MPEG2AUDIO @ #1912 Continuity counter error (total 2)
Jan 13 10:43:34 rpi3 tvheadend[226]: TS: DVB-S Network/12130H/NBR: H264 @ #1911 Continuity counter error (total 9)
Jan 13 10:43:37 rpi3 tvheadend[226]: TS: DVB-S Network/12130H/NBR: MPEG2AUDIO @ #1912 Continuity counter error (total 5)
Jan 13 10:44:00 rpi3 tvheadend[226]: TS: DVB-S Network/12130H/NBR: H264 @ #1911 Continuity counter error (total 12)
Jan 13 10:44:29 rpi3 tvheadend[226]: TS: DVB-S Network/12130H/NBR: H264 @ #1911 Continuity counter error (total 13)

Thanks,
Mauro