Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH net-next 01/12] selftests: forwarding: Add initial testing framework

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 22:18:18 +0100

> IPv6 addresses on debian need ping6:
> 
> root@mlx-2700-05:~/selftests# ip vrf exec vrf-h1 ping 2001:db8:2::2 -c
> 10 -i 0.1 -w 2
> ping: unknown host 2001:db8:2::2

Hi David

Depends on you vintage of Debian:

$ ping 2607:f8b0:4009:813::2004
PING 2607:f8b0:4009:813::2004(2607:f8b0:4009:813::2004) 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 2607:f8b0:4009:813::2004: icmp_seq=1 ttl=54 time=22.1 ms
64 bytes from 2607:f8b0:4009:813::2004: icmp_seq=2 ttl=54 time=20.7 ms
^C
--- 2607:f8b0:4009:813::2004 ping statistics ---
2 packets transmitted, 2 received, 0% packet loss, time 1001ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 20.714/21.426/22.139/0.727 ms

I however don't know when this generally because available, but
stretch, buster and sid appear to have it.

  Andrew