Subject: Re: [PATCHv4 1/5] net: dsa: Support internal phy on 'cpu' port

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 21:54:59 +0100

> Note: there is still technically a misreprentation of how the PHY is
> "attached" to the network device. In your DTSes, you have to have the
> CPU port have a "phy-handle" to the internal PHY, while technically it
> should be the i210 which has a "phy-handle" property to that PHY, and
> even better, if the e1000e/idb drivers were PHYLIB capable, they could
> manage it directly.

Hi Florian

Err, i don't think i agree. But maybe i'm missunderstanding.

We have two back-to-back PHYs. I would expect the i210 MAC to have a
phy-handle pointing it its PHY. The CPU port would then point to the
internal switch PHY.

Or are you suggesting the i210 has two phy-handles, its own and the
switches?

	Andrew
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe devicetree" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html