Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 iproute2-next 0/6] cm_id, cq, mr, and pd resource tracking

From: Jason Gunthorpe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 21:29:33 -0600

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 08:14:53PM -0700, David Ahern wrote:
> On 3/13/18 2:13 PM, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > Could you pull the uapi headers from linux-next? That tree will have
> > both netdev and rdma stuff merged together properly.
> 
> What's the merge history between linux-next, Linus' tree, net-next +
> rdma-next?

Not sure I understand the question?

linux-next is thrown away every cycle, so for instance you can't say
"took uapi headers from linux-next commit XYZ" in the iproute git
commit..

Otherwise, linux-next is built, I think daily/weekly and includes the
latest of both rdma and netdev next trees, so it certainly has the
right content.

A script could figure out the stable netdev and rdma commit IDs from
linux-next and record those, if that is interest..

Jason