Subject: Re: [PATCH RFC RFC] rds: Use NETDEV_UNREGISTER in rds_tcp_dev_event() (then kill NETDEV_UNREGISTER_FINAL)

From: Sowmini Varadhan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 14:31:33 -0400

On (03/16/18 21:14), Kirill Tkhai wrote:
> 
> I did the second version and sent you. Have you tried it?

I tried it briefly, and it works for the handful of testcases
that I tried, but I still think its very werid to register
as both a device and a subsys, esp in the light of the 
warning in net_namespace.h

Thus I have to spend some time reviewing your patch,
and I cannot give you an answer in the next 5 minutes.

> Calling netdevice handler for every event is more disturbing,
> as number of events is several times bigger, than one more
> pernet exit method.

So you are saying there are scaling constraints on subsystems
that register for netdevice handlers. The disturbing part
of that is that it does not scale.

Thanks.
--Sowmini