Subject: Re: [PATCH RFC RFC] rds: Use NETDEV_UNREGISTER in rds_tcp_dev_event() (then kill NETDEV_UNREGISTER_FINAL)

From: Sowmini Varadhan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 14:53:34 -0400

On (03/16/18 21:48), Kirill Tkhai wrote:
> 
> > Thus I have to spend some time reviewing your patch,
> > and I cannot give you an answer in the next 5 minutes.
> 
> No problem, 5 minutes response never required. Thanks for
> your review.

thank you. I would like to take some time this weekend
to understand why v1 of your patch hit the null rtn,
but v2 did not (a superficial glance at the patch suggested
that you were registering twice in both cases, with just
a reordering, so I would like to understand the root-cause of
the null ptr deref with v1)

As for registering 2 times, that needs some comments to
provide guidance for other subsystems. e.g., I found the
large block comment in net-namespace.h very helpful, so lets
please clearly document what and why and when this should
be used.

--Sowmini