Subject: Re: [patch net-next RFC 00/12] devlink: introduce port flavours and common phys_port_name generation

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 14:43:57 +0100

> I tested this for mlxsw and nfp. I have no way to test this on DSA hw,
> I would really appretiate DSA guys to test this.

Hi Jiri

With the missing break added, i get:

root@zii-devel-b:~# ./iproute2/devlink/devlink port 
mdio_bus/0.1:00/0: type eth netdev lan0 flavour physical number 0
mdio_bus/0.1:00/1: type eth netdev lan1 flavour physical number 1
mdio_bus/0.1:00/2: type eth netdev lan2 flavour physical number 2
mdio_bus/0.1:00/3: type notset
mdio_bus/0.1:00/4: type notset
mdio_bus/0.1:00/5: type notset flavour dsa number 5
mdio_bus/0.1:00/6: type notset flavour cpu number 6
mdio_bus/0.2:00/0: type eth netdev lan3 flavour physical number 0
mdio_bus/0.2:00/1: type eth netdev lan4 flavour physical number 1
mdio_bus/0.2:00/2: type eth netdev lan5 flavour physical number 2
mdio_bus/0.2:00/3: type notset
mdio_bus/0.2:00/4: type notset
mdio_bus/0.2:00/5: type notset flavour dsa number 5
mdio_bus/0.2:00/6: type notset flavour dsa number 6
mdio_bus/0.4:00/0: type eth netdev lan6 flavour physical number 0
mdio_bus/0.4:00/1: type eth netdev lan7 flavour physical number 1
mdio_bus/0.4:00/2: type eth netdev lan8 flavour physical number 2
mdio_bus/0.4:00/3: type eth netdev optical3 flavour physical number 3
mdio_bus/0.4:00/4: type eth netdev optical4 flavour physical number 4
mdio_bus/0.4:00/5: type notset
mdio_bus/0.4:00/6: type notset
mdio_bus/0.4:00/7: type notset
mdio_bus/0.4:00/8: type notset
mdio_bus/0.4:00/9: type notset flavour dsa number 9

This is on a board with a DSA cluster of three switches. Some of the
switch ports are not connected to anything, so are plain 'notset'.

What is the "number X" meant to mean?

     Andrew