Subject: Re: [PATCH] staging: fsl-dpaa2/ethsw: Fix TCI values overwrite

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 15:37:40 +0200

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 08:10:50AM -0500, Razvan Stefanescu wrote:
> Previous implementation overwrites PCP value, assuming the default value is
> 0, instead of 7.
> 
> Avoid this by modifying helper function ethsw_port_set_tci() to
> ethsw_port_set_pvid() and make it update only the vlan_id of the tci_cfg
> struct.

Hi Razvan

It is a good idea to explain acronyms, especially for staging, since
there are patches for all sorts of devices, can you cannot expect
everybody to know network specific acronyms.

By PCP you mean Priority Code Point. TCI i have no idea about.

Looking at the code, i think you are changing the flow to become
read/modify/write, instead of just write, which is overwriting the
previously configured Priority Code Point?

Please try to add more details to your change logs, to help us
understand the change.

	   Andrew