Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 0/9] devlink: Add support for region access

From: Rahul Lakkireddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 15:21:57 +0530

On Thursday, March 03/29/18, 2018 at 23:53:43 +0530, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 07:07:43PM +0300, Alex Vesker wrote:
> > This is a proposal which will allow access to driver defined address
> > regions using devlink. Each device can create its supported address
> > regions and register them. A device which exposes a region will allow
> > access to it using devlink.
> 
> Hi Alex
> 
> Did you see the work Rahul Lakkireddy has been doing?
> 
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10305935/
> 
> It seems like these are similar, or at least overlapping. We probably
> want one solution for both.
> 

We're already collecting hardware snapshots when system is live with
ethtool --getdump (which devlink tool is now trying to do).

We are now in the process of adding support to collect hardware
snapshots during kernel panic.

Thanks,
Rahul