Subject: Fw: [Bug 199427] New: Wired Network interface goes repeatedly up and down with NetworkManager

From: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 13:36:40 -0700

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 18:57:20 +0000
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Bug 199427] New: Wired Network interface goes repeatedly up and down with NetworkManager

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=199427

            Bug ID: 199427
           Summary: Wired Network interface goes repeatedly up and down
                    with NetworkManager
           Product: Networking
           Version: 2.5
    Kernel Version: 4.13.0-18
          Hardware: All
                OS: Linux
              Tree: Mainline
            Status: NEW
          Severity: blocking
          Priority: P1
         Component: IPV4
          Assignee: [email-masked]
          Reporter: [email-masked]
        Regression: No

Hardware: Laptop Dell Precision 3510 Core i7 and another one Corei5 Desktop
Computer

Common at both: Network Card Intel Pro 1000 e1000e

System: Lubuntu 17.10 x64

After update from kernel 4.13.0-17 to 4.13.0-18 network interface goes
repeatedly up and down. System booted with old 4.13.0-17 works as expected.

It seems to be this issue:
https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=198047

Syslog says over and over again:
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 dhclient[3610]: DHCPREQUEST of
10.0.10.155 on enp0s31f6 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 (xid=0x7ccfb91c)
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 dhclient[3610]: DHCPACK of 10.0.10.155
from 10.0.10.2
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 NetworkManager[808]: <info> 
[1523950950.7146] dhcp4 (enp0s31f6):   address 10.0.10.155
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 NetworkManager[808]: <info> 
[1523950950.7146] dhcp4 (enp0s31f6):   plen 24 (255.255.255.0)
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 NetworkManager[808]: <info> 
[1523950950.7146] dhcp4 (enp0s31f6):   gateway 10.0.10.2
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 NetworkManager[808]: <info> 
[1523950950.7146] dhcp4 (enp0s31f6):   lease time 600000
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 NetworkManager[808]: <info> 
[1523950950.7146] dhcp4 (enp0s31f6):   nameserver '10.0.10.2'
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 NetworkManager[808]: <info> 
[1523950950.7146] dhcp4 (enp0s31f6):   domain name 'morawski.pl'
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 NetworkManager[808]: <info> 
[1523950950.7146] dhcp4 (enp0s31f6): state changed unknown -> bound
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 dhclient[3610]: bound to 10.0.10.155 --
renewal in 240494 seconds.
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 kernel: [  878.926052] e1000e
0000:00:1f.6 enp0s31f6: changing MTU from 1500 to 1300
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 avahi-daemon[770]: Joining mDNS multicast
group on interface enp0s31f6.IPv4 with address 10.0.10.155.
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 avahi-daemon[770]: New relevant interface
enp0s31f6.IPv4 for mDNS.
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 NetworkManager[808]: <info> 
[1523950950.8059] device (enp0s31f6): state change: ip-config -> ip-check
(reason 'none', internal state 'managed')
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 avahi-daemon[770]: Registering new
address record for 10.0.10.155 on enp0s31f6.IPv4.
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 NetworkManager[808]: <info> 
[1523950950.8075] device (enp0s31f6): state change: ip-check -> secondaries
(reason 'none', internal state 'managed')
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 NetworkManager[808]: <info> 
[1523950950.8080] device (enp0s31f6): state change: secondaries -> activated
(reason 'none', internal state 'managed')
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 NetworkManager[808]: <info> 
[1523950950.8108] policy: set 'Dom' (enp0s31f6) as default for IPv4 routing and
DNS
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 NetworkManager[808]: <info> 
[1523950950.8114] device (enp0s31f6): Activation: successful, device activated.
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 dbus[792]: [system] Activating via
systemd: service name='org.freedesktop.nm_dispatcher'
unit='dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service'
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 systemd[1]: Starting Network Manager
Script Dispatcher Service...
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 dbus[792]: [system] Successfully
activated service 'org.freedesktop.nm_dispatcher'
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 systemd[1]: Started Network Manager
Script Dispatcher Service.
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 nm-dispatcher: req:1 'up' [enp0s31f6]:
new request (1 scripts)
Apr 17 09:42:30 ronald-Precision-3510 nm-dispatcher: req:1 'up' [enp0s31f6]:
start running ordered scripts...
Apr 17 09:42:31 ronald-Precision-3510 avahi-daemon[770]: Joining mDNS multicast
group on interface enp0s31f6.IPv6 with address fe80::d681:d7ff:feab:a4ca.
Apr 17 09:42:31 ronald-Precision-3510 avahi-daemon[770]: New relevant interface
enp0s31f6.IPv6 for mDNS.
Apr 17 09:42:31 ronald-Precision-3510 avahi-daemon[770]: Registering new
address record for fe80::d681:d7ff:feab:a4ca on enp0s31f6.*.
Apr 17 09:42:34 ronald-Precision-3510 NetworkManager[808]: <info> 
[1523950954.8703] device (enp0s31f6): state change: activated -> unavailable
(reason 'carrier-changed', internal state 'managed')
Apr 17 09:42:34 ronald-Precision-3510 NetworkManager[808]: <info> 
[1523950954.9029] dhcp4 (enp0s31f6): canceled DHCP transaction, DHCP client pid
3610
Apr 17 09:42:34 ronald-Precision-3510 NetworkManager[808]: <info> 
[1523950954.9030] dhcp4 (enp0s31f6): state changed bound -> done
Apr 17 09:42:34 ronald-Precision-3510 avahi-daemon[770]: Withdrawing address
record for fe80::d681:d7ff:feab:a4ca on enp0s31f6.
Apr 17 09:42:34 ronald-Precision-3510 avahi-daemon[770]: Leaving mDNS multicast
group on interface enp0s31f6.IPv6 with address fe80::d681:d7ff:feab:a4ca.
Apr 17 09:42:34 ronald-Precision-3510 kernel: [  883.115719] e1000e
0000:00:1f.6 enp0s31f6: changing MTU from 1300 to 1500
Apr 17 09:42:34 ronald-Precision-3510 avahi-daemon[770]: Interface
enp0s31f6.IPv6 no longer relevant for mDNS.
Apr 17 09:42:34 ronald-Precision-3510 avahi-daemon[770]: Withdrawing address
record for 10.0.10.155 on enp0s31f6.
Apr 17 09:42:34 ronald-Precision-3510 avahi-daemon[770]: Leaving mDNS multicast
group on interface enp0s31f6.IPv4 with address 10.0.10.155.
Apr 17 09:42:34 ronald-Precision-3510 avahi-daemon[770]: Interface
enp0s31f6.IPv4 no longer relevant for mDNS.
Apr 17 09:42:35 ronald-Precision-3510 NetworkManager[808]: <info>  
Apr 17 09:42:35 ronald-Precision-3510 nm-dispatcher: req:2 'down' [enp0s31f6]:
new request (1 scripts)
Apr 17 09:42:40 ronald-Precision-3510 NetworkManager[808]: <info> 
[1523950960.6599] device (enp0s31f6): link connected
Apr 17 09:42:40 ronald-Precision-3510 NetworkManager[808]: <info> 
[1523950960.6608] device (enp0s31f6): state change: unavailable -> disconnected
(reason 'carrier-changed', internal state 'managed')

Kind regards

Ronald Kuczek

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.