Subject: [PATCH bpf-next v3 00/11] introduction of bpf_xdp_adjust_tail

From: "Nikita V. Shirokov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 21:42:12 -0700

In this patch series i'm add new bpf helper which allow to manupulate
xdp's data_end pointer. right now only "shrinking" (reduce packet's size
by moving pointer) is supported (and i see no use case for "growing").
Main use case for such helper is to be able to generate controll (ICMP)
messages from XDP context. such messages usually contains first N bytes
from original packets as a payload, and this is exactly what this helper
would allow us to do (see patch 3 for sample program, where we generate
ICMP "packet too big" message). This helper could be usefull for load
balancing applications where after additional encapsulation, resulting
packet could be bigger then interface MTU.
Aside from new helper this patch series contains minor changes in device
drivers (for ones which requires), so they would recal packet's length
not only when head pointer was adjusted, but if tail's one as well.

v2->v3:
 * adding missed "signed off by" in v2

v1->v2:
 * fixed kbuild warning
 * made offset eq 0 invalid for xdp_bpf_adjust_tail
 * splitted bpf_prog_test_run fix and selftests in sep commits
 * added SPDX licence where applicable
 * some reshuffling in patches order (tests now in the end)

Nikita V. Shirokov (11):
  bpf: making bpf_prog_test run aware of possible data_end ptr change
  bpf: adding tests for bpf_xdp_adjust_tail
  bpf: adding bpf_xdp_adjust_tail helper
  bpf: make generic xdp compatible w/ bpf_xdp_adjust_tail
  bpf: make mlx4 compatible w/ bpf_xdp_adjust_tail
  bpf: make bnxt compatible w/ bpf_xdp_adjust_tail
  bpf: make cavium thunder compatible w/ bpf_xdp_adjust_tail
  bpf: make netronome nfp compatible w/ bpf_xdp_adjust_tail
  bpf: make tun compatible w/ bpf_xdp_adjust_tail
  bpf: make virtio compatible w/ bpf_xdp_adjust_tail
  bpf: add bpf_xdp_adjust_tail sample prog

 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt_xdp.c      |   2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/cavium/thunder/nicvf_main.c   |   2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/en_rx.c         |   2 +-
 .../net/ethernet/netronome/nfp/nfp_net_common.c    |   2 +-
 drivers/net/tun.c                                  |   3 +-
 drivers/net/virtio_net.c                           |   7 +-
 include/uapi/linux/bpf.h                           |  10 +-
 net/bpf/test_run.c                                 |   3 +-
 net/core/dev.c                                     |  10 +-
 net/core/filter.c                                  |  29 +++-
 samples/bpf/Makefile                               |   4 +
 samples/bpf/xdp_adjust_tail_kern.c                 | 152 +++++++++++++++++++++
 samples/bpf/xdp_adjust_tail_user.c                 | 142 +++++++++++++++++++
 tools/include/uapi/linux/bpf.h                     |  10 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/Makefile               |   2 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/bpf_helpers.h          |   5 +
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_adjust_tail.c     |  30 ++++
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_progs.c           |  32 +++++
 18 files changed, 435 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 samples/bpf/xdp_adjust_tail_kern.c
 create mode 100644 samples/bpf/xdp_adjust_tail_user.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_adjust_tail.c

-- 
2.15.1