Subject: Re: [PATCH bpf-next v2 02/11] bpf: make generic xdp compatible w/ bpf_xdp_adjust_tail

From: Jesper Dangaard Brouer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 14:48:18 +0200

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 21:29:42 -0700
"Nikita V. Shirokov" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> w/ bpf_xdp_adjust_tail helper xdp's data_end pointer could be changed as
> well (only "decrease" of pointer's location is going to be supported).
> changing of this pointer will change packet's size.
> for generic XDP we need to reflect this packet's length change by
> adjusting skb's tail pointer
> 
> Acked-by: Alexei Starovoitov <[email-masked]>

You are missing your own Signed-off-by: line on all of the patches.

BTW, thank you for working on this! It have been on my todo-list for a
while now!

_After_ this patchset, I would like to see adding support for
"increasing" the data_end location to create a larger packet.  For that
we should likely add a data_hard_end pointer.  This, would also be
helpful in cpu_map_build_skb() to know the data_hard_end, to determine
the frame size (as some driver doesn't use PAGE_SIZE frames, ixgbe).

-- 
Best regards,
  Jesper Dangaard Brouer
  MSc.CS, Principal Kernel Engineer at Red Hat
  LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/brouer