Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/7] net/ipv6: Another followup to the fib6_info change

From: David Ahern <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 15:37:56 -0700

Last one - for this week.

Patches 1, 2 and 7 are more cleanup patches - removing dead code,
moving code from a header to near its single caller, and updating
function name.

Patches 3-5 do some refactoring leading up to patch 6 which fixes
a NULL dereference. I have only managed to trigger a panic once, so
I can not definitively confirm it addresses the problem but it seems
pretty clear that it is a race on removing a 'from' reference on
an rt6_info and another path using that 'from' value to do
cookie checking.

David Ahern (7):
  net/ipv6: Clean up rt expires helpers
  net/ipv6: Rename rt6_get_cookie_safe
  net/ipv6: Move rcu_read_lock to callers of ip6_rt_cache_alloc
  net/ipv6: Move rcu locking to callers of fib6_get_cookie_safe
  net/ipv6: Move release of fib6_info from pcpu routes to helper
  net/ipv6: Make from in rt6_info rcu protected
  net/ipv6: Remove unncessary check on f6i in fib6_check

 include/net/ip6_fib.h |  41 +++++------------
 net/ipv6/ip6_fib.c    |  45 ++++++++++--------
 net/ipv6/ip6_output.c |   9 +++-
 net/ipv6/route.c      | 124 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------
 4 files changed, 136 insertions(+), 83 deletions(-)

-- 
2.11.0