Subject: [RFC bpf-next 0/9] bpf: Add helper to do FIB lookups

From: David Ahern <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 11:34:40 -0700

Provide a helper for doing a FIB and neighbor lookups in the kernel
tables from an XDP program. The helper provides a fastpath for forwarding
packets. If the packet is a local delivery or for any reason is not a
simple lookup and forward, the packet is expected to continue up the stack
for full processing.

Patches 1-6 do some more refactoring to IPv6 with the end goal of
extracting a FIB lookup function that aligns with fib_lookup for IPv4,
basically returning a fib6_info without creating a dst based entry.

Patch 7 adds lookup functions to the ipv6 stub. These are needed since
bpf is built into the kernel and ipv6 may not be built or loaded.

Patch 8 adds the bpf helper and 9 is a sample program.

David Ahern (9):
  net/ipv6: Rename fib6_lookup to fib6_node_lookup
  net/ipv6: Rename rt6_multipath_select
  net/ipv6: Extract table lookup from ip6_pol_route
  net/ipv6: Refactor fib6_rule_action
  net/ipv6: Add fib6_lookup
  net/ipv6: Update fib6 tracepoint to take fib6_info
  net/ipv6: Add fib lookup stubs for use in bpf helper
  bpf: Provide helper to do lookups in kernel FIB table
  samples/bpf: Add examples of ipv4 and ipv6 forwarding in XDP

 include/net/addrconf.h                    |  14 ++
 include/net/ip6_fib.h                     |  21 ++-
 include/trace/events/fib6.h               |  14 +-
 include/uapi/linux/bpf.h                  |  68 ++++++++-
 net/core/filter.c                         | 233 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 net/ipv6/addrconf_core.c                  |  33 ++++-
 net/ipv6/af_inet6.c                       |   6 +-
 net/ipv6/fib6_rules.c                     | 135 ++++++++++++++---
 net/ipv6/ip6_fib.c                        |  12 +-
 net/ipv6/route.c                          |  76 +++++-----
 samples/bpf/Makefile                      |   4 +
 samples/bpf/xdp_fwd_kern.c                | 110 ++++++++++++++
 samples/bpf/xdp_fwd_user.c                | 136 +++++++++++++++++
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/bpf_helpers.h |   3 +
 14 files changed, 794 insertions(+), 71 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 samples/bpf/xdp_fwd_kern.c
 create mode 100644 samples/bpf/xdp_fwd_user.c

-- 
2.11.0