Subject: [PATCH v6 07/13] firmware_loader: make firmware_fallback_sysfs() print more useful

From: "Luis R. Rodriguez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 11:12:41 -0700

If we resort to using the sysfs fallback mechanism we don't print
the filename. This can be deceiving given we could have a series of
callers intertwined and it'd be unclear exactly for what firmware
this was meant for.

Additionally, although we don't currently use FW_OPT_NO_WARN when
dealing with the fallback mechanism, we will soon, so just respect
its use consistently.

And even if you *don't* want to print always on failure, you may
want to print when debugging so enable dynamic debug print when
FW_OPT_NO_WARN is used.

Signed-off-by: Luis R. Rodriguez <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/base/firmware_loader/fallback.c | 7 ++++++-
 1 file changed, 6 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/drivers/base/firmware_loader/fallback.c b/drivers/base/firmware_loader/fallback.c
index 9169e7b9800c..b676a99c469c 100644
--- a/drivers/base/firmware_loader/fallback.c
+++ b/drivers/base/firmware_loader/fallback.c
@@ -690,6 +690,11 @@ int firmware_fallback_sysfs(struct firmware *fw, const char *name,
 	if (!fw_run_sysfs_fallback(opt_flags))
 		return ret;
 
-	dev_warn(device, "Falling back to user helper\n");
+	if (!(opt_flags & FW_OPT_NO_WARN))
+		dev_warn(device, "Falling back to syfs fallback for: %s\n",
+				 name);
+	else
+		dev_dbg(device, "Falling back to sysfs fallback for: %s\n",
+				name);
 	return fw_load_from_user_helper(fw, name, device, opt_flags);
 }
-- 
2.17.0