Subject: Re: net: ieee802154: 6lowpan: fix frag reassembly

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 10:59:19 +0200

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 05:22:18PM +0200, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> Hello.
> 
> 
> Please apply f18fa5de5ba7f1d6650951502bb96a6e4715a948
> 
> (net: ieee802154: 6lowpan: fix frag reassembly) to the 4.16.x stable tree.
> 
> 
> Earlier trees are not needed as the problem was introduced in 4.16.

Really?  Commit f18fa5de5ba7 ("net: ieee802154: 6lowpan: fix frag
reassembly") says it fixes commit 648700f76b03 ("inet: frags: use
rhashtables for reassembly units") which did not show up until 4.17-rc1:
	$ git describe --contains 648700f76b03
	v4.17-rc1~148^2~20^2~11

Also, it did not get backported to 4.16.y, so I don't see how it is
needed in 4.16-stable.

To verify this, I tried applying the patch, and it totally fails to
apply to the 4.16.y tree.

So are you _sure_ you want/need this in 4.16?  If so, can you provide a
working backport that you have verified works?

thanks,

greg k-h