Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH ghak32 V2 01/13] audit: add container id

From: Steve Grubb <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 09:56:36 -0400

On Thu, 17 May 2018 17:56:00 -0400
Richard Guy Briggs <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > During syscall events, the path info is returned in a a record
> > simply called AUDIT_PATH, cwd info is returned in AUDIT_CWD. So,
> > rather than calling the record that gets attached to everything
> > AUDIT_CONTAINER_INFO, how about simply AUDIT_CONTAINER.  
> 
> Considering the container initiation record is different than the
> record to document the container involved in an otherwise normal
> syscall, we need two names.  I don't have a strong opinion what they
> are.
> 
> I'd prefer AUDIT_CONTAIN and AUDIT_CONTAINER_INFO so that the two
> are different enough to be visually distinct while leaving
> AUDIT_CONTAINERID for the field type in patch 4 ("audit: add
> containerid filtering")

How about AUDIT_CONTAINER for the auxiliary record? The one that starts
the container, I don't have a strong opinion on. Could be
AUDIT_CONTAINER_INIT, AUDIT_CONTAINER_START, AUDIT_CONTAINERID,
AUDIT_CONTAINER_ID, or something else. The API call that sets the ID
for filtering could be AUDIT_CID or AUDIT_CONTID if that helps decide
what the initial event might be. Normally, it should match the field
being filtered.

Best Regards,
-Steve