Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2] net: sched: don't disable bh when accessing action idr

From: Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 09:32:39 +0200

Mon, May 21, 2018 at 10:03:04PM CEST, [email-masked] wrote:
>Initial net_device implementation used ingress_lock spinlock to synchronize
>ingress path of device. This lock was used in both process and bh context.
>In some code paths action map lock was obtained while holding ingress_lock.
>Commit e1e992e52faa ("[NET_SCHED] protect action config/dump from irqs")
>modified actions to always disable bh, while using action map lock, in
>order to prevent deadlock on ingress_lock in softirq. This lock was removed
>from net_device, so disabling bh, while accessing action map, is no longer
>necessary.
>
>Replace all action idr spinlock usage with regular calls that do not
>disable bh.
>
>Signed-off-by: Vlad Buslov <[email-masked]>

Please add my tag to v3, with the description changes requested by Cong.
Acked-by: Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]>

Thanks!