Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/4] RFC CPSW switchdev mode

From: Ilias Apalodimas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 11:48:31 +0300

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 10:05:28AM +0200, Jiri Pirko wrote:
> Thu, May 24, 2018 at 08:56:20AM CEST, [email-masked] wrote:
> Any reason you need cpu port? We don't need it in mlxsw and also in dsa.
Yes i've seen that on mlxsw/rocker drivers and i was reluctant adding one here. 
The reason is that TI wants this configured differently from customer facing 
ports. Apparently there are existing customers already using the "feature". 
So OR'ing and adding the cpu port on every operation (add/del vlans add 
ucast/mcast entries etc) was less favoured. 
> 
> What is this device? Could you give me some pointer to description?
This is the switch used on TI's AM5728 and BBB boards. I am pretty sure there 
are other platforms i am not aware of.
http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/spruhz6j/spruhz6j.pdf is the techincal reference
manual. Section 24.11.5.4 "Initialization and Configuration of CPSW" is the
switch part.

Thanks,
Ilias