Subject: Re: [PATCH bpf 1/2] bpf: fix alignment of netns_dev/netns_ino fields in bpf_{map,prog}_info

From: "Dmitry V. Levin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 21:18:58 +0300

On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 01:28:42PM +0200, Eugene Syromiatnikov wrote:
> Recent introduction of netns_dev/netns_ino to bpf_map_info/bpf_prog info
> has broken compat, as offsets of these fields are different in 32-bit
> and 64-bit ABIs.  One fix (other than implementing compat support in
> syscall in order to handle this discrepancy) is to use __aligned_u64
> instead of __u64 for these fields.
> 
> Reported-by: Dmitry V. Levin <[email-masked]>
> Fixes: 52775b33bb507 ("bpf: offload: report device information about
> offloaded maps")
> Fixes: 675fc275a3a2d ("bpf: offload: report device information for
> offloaded programs")

Reviewed-by: "Dmitry V. Levin" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]> # v4.16+

Thanks,

-- 
ldv