Subject: Fw: [Bug 200239] New: RTL8211E lockup when having heavy tx traffic

From: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2018 14:25:03 -0700

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 10:26:02 +0000
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Bug 200239] New: RTL8211E lockup when having heavy tx traffic

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=200239

            Bug ID: 200239
           Summary: RTL8211E lockup when having heavy tx traffic
           Product: Networking
           Version: 2.5
    Kernel Version: 4.17
          Hardware: ARM
                OS: Linux
              Tree: Mainline
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P1
         Component: IPV4
          Assignee: [email-masked]
          Reporter: [email-masked]
        Regression: No

My device: roc-rk3328-cc
It's a SBC(Single Board Computer) use soc Rockchip RK3328

How to reproduce this bug: just running a mainline linux kernel,then run iperf3
to test.

I also tried this patch https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10178969/ ,It
slightly improved but cannot completely solve this problem.

dmesg summary:
[14755.405897] ------------[ cut here ]------------
[14755.406386] NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0 (rk_gmac-dwmac): transmit queue 0 timed
out
[14755.407258] WARNING: CPU: 2 PID: 0 at net/sched/sch_generic.c:473
dev_watchdog+0x2ac/0x2b8
[14755.407992] Modules linked in: 8021q garp mrp stp llc rockchipdrm
analogix_dp phy_rockchip_inno_hdmi tcp_bbr sch_fq
[14755.408985] CPU: 2 PID: 0 Comm: swapper/2 Not tainted
4.17.0-rc7-1-90343-g15e473367050-dirty #1
[14755.409762] Hardware name: Firefly roc-rk3328-cc (DT)
[14755.410224] pstate: 20000005 (nzCv daif -PAN -UAO)
[14755.410664] pc : dev_watchdog+0x2ac/0x2b8
[14755.411034] lr : dev_watchdog+0x2ac/0x2b8
[14755.411396] sp : ffff000008013d80
[14755.411696] x29: ffff000008013d80 x28: 0000000000000005 
[14755.412184] x27: 0000000000000101 x26: 00000000ffffffff 
[14755.412670] x25: ffff800079d604b8 x24: 0000000000000002 
[14755.413156] x23: ffff800079d6049c x22: ffff80007b74de80 
[14755.413641] x21: ffff000009b07000 x20: ffff800079d60000 
[14755.414128] x19: 0000000000000000 x18: 0000000000000010 
[14755.414614] x17: 0000000000000000 x16: ffff000008229758 
[14755.415099] x15: ffffffffffffffff x14: ffff000009b09d88 
[14755.415585] x13: ffff000089cb16f7 x12: ffff000009cb16ff 
[14755.416073] x11: ffff000009b23000 x10: ffff000008013a60 
[14755.416557] x9 : 00000000ffffffd0 x8 : ffff00000874ee68 
[14755.417044] x7 : 756575712074696d x6 : 000000000000017e 
[14755.417525] x5 : ffff0000085b5400 x4 : 0000000000000004 
[14755.418012] x3 : ffff000009b0c850 x2 : ffff80007c3d3800 
[14755.418496] x1 : bea2cbb4ea219900 x0 : 0000000000000000 
[14755.418988] Call trace:
[14755.419226]  dev_watchdog+0x2ac/0x2b8
[14755.419574]  call_timer_fn+0x20/0x78
[14755.419903]  expire_timers+0xa8/0xb8
[14755.420239]  run_timer_softirq+0xa4/0x190
[14755.420610]  __do_softirq+0x124/0x220
[14755.420951]  irq_exit+0xb0/0xd0
[14755.421250]  __handle_domain_irq+0x64/0xb8
[14755.421627]  gic_handle_irq+0x50/0xa0
[14755.421967]  el1_irq+0xb0/0x128
[14755.422265]  arch_cpu_idle+0x10/0x18
[14755.422600]  do_idle+0x208/0x270
[14755.422896]  cpu_startup_entry+0x20/0x28
[14755.423265]  secondary_start_kernel+0x14c/0x160
[14755.423675] ---[ end trace 633d025b2aafb3cb ]---
[14755.424181] rk_gmac-dwmac ff540000.ethernet eth0: Reset adapter.
[14755.427911] RTL8211E Gigabit Ethernet stmmac-0:00: attached PHY driver
[RTL8211E Gigabit Ethernet] (mii_bus:phy_addr=stmmac-0:00, irq=POLL)
[14755.441983] rk_gmac-dwmac ff540000.ethernet eth0: PTP not supported by HW
[14755.442989] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready
[14759.535770] rk_gmac-dwmac ff540000.ethernet eth0: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full -
flow control rx/tx
[14759.536606] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.