Subject: Re: [pull request][net-next 00/10] Mellanox, mlx5 and devlink updates 2018-07-31

From: Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 08:15:03 +0200

Thu, Aug 02, 2018 at 01:13:20AM CEST, [email-masked] wrote:

[...]

>>
>> So after looking over the patch set the one thing I would ask for in
>> this is some sort of documentation at a minimum. As a user I don't see
>> how you can expect someone to be able to use this when the naming of
>> things are pretty cryptic and there is no real explanation anywhere if
>> you don't go through and read the patch description itself. When you
>> start adding driver specific interfaces, you should at least start
>> adding vendor specific documentation.
>>
>
>Sure, sounds like a great idea, something like:
>Documentation/networking/mlx5.txt and have a devlink section ?
>or have a generic devlink doc and a mlx5 section in it ?

I think that Documentation/networking/devlink/mlx5.txt would be good.
We can have generic param description in:
Documentation/networking/devlink/generic.txt