Subject: [PATCH rdma-next v1 00/15] Flow actions to mutate packets

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 14:18:39 +0300

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>

>>From Mark,

This series exposes the ability to create flow actions which can
mutate packet headers. We do that by exposing two new verbs:
 * modify header - can change existing packet headers. packet
 * reformat - can encapsulate or decapsulate a packet.
              Once created a flow action must be attached to a steering
              rule for it to take effect.

The first 10 patches refactor mlx5_core code, rename internal structures
to better reflect their operation and export needed functions so the
RDMA side can allocate the action.

The last 5 patches expose via the IOCTL infrastructure mlx5_ib methods
which do the actual allocation of resources and return an handle to the
user. A user of this API is expected to know how to work with the
device's spec as the input to those function is HW depended.

An example usage of the modify header action is routing, A user can
create an action which edits the L2 header and decrease the TTL.

An example usage of the packet reformat action is VXLAN encap/decap
which is done by the HW.

Changelog:
 v0 -> v1:
  * Patch 1: Addressed Saeed's comments and simplified the logic.
  * Patch 2: Changed due to changes in patch 1.

 Split the 27 patch series into 3, this is the first one
 which just lets the user create flow action.
 Other than that styling fixes mainly in the RDMA patches
 to make sure 80 chars limit isn't exceeded.

 RFC -> v0:
  * Patch 1 a new patch which refactors the logic
    when getting a flow namespace.
  * Patch 2 was split into two.
  * Patch 3: Fixed a typo in commit message
  * Patch 5: Updated commit message
  * Patch 7: Updated commit message
    Renamed:
      - MLX5_FLOW_CONTEXT_ACTION_PACKET_REFORMAT_ID to
        MLX5_FLOW_CONTEXT_ACTION_PACKET_REFORMAT
      - packet_reformat_id to reformat_id in struct mlx5_flow_act
      - packet_reformat_id to encap_id in struct mlx5_esw_flow_attr
      - packet_reformat_id to encap_id in struct mlx5e_encap_entry
      - PACKET_REFORMAT to REFORMAT when printing trace points
  * Patch 9: Updated commit message
    Updated function declaration in mlx5_core.h, could of lead
    to compile error on bisection.
  * Patch 11: Disallow egress rules insertion when in switchdev mode
  * Patch 12: A new patch to deal with passing enum values using
    the IOCTL infrastructure.
  * Patch 13: Use new enum value attribute when passing enum
    mlx5_ib_uapi_flow_table_type
  * Patch 15: Don't set encap flags on flow tables if in switchdev mode
  * Patch 17: Use new enum value attribute when passing enum
    mlx5_ib_uapi_flow_table_type and enum
    mlx5_ib_uapi_flow_action_packet_reformat_type
  * Patch 19: Allow creation of both
    MLX5_IB_UAPI_FLOW_ACTION_PACKET_REFORMAT_TYPE_L2_TO_L3_TUNNEL
    and MLX5_IB_UAPI_FLOW_ACTION_PACKET_REFORMAT_TYPE_L3_TUNNEL_TO_L2
packet
    reformat actions.
  * Patch 20: A new patch which allows attaching packet reformat
    actions to flow tables on NIC RX.

Thanks

Mark Bloch (15):
  net/mlx5: Cleanup flow namespace getter switch logic
  net/mlx5: Add proper NIC TX steering flow tables support
  net/mlx5: Export modify header alloc/dealloc functions
  net/mlx5: Add support for more namespaces when allocating modify
    header
  net/mlx5: Break encap/decap into two separated flow table creation
    flags
  net/mlx5: Move header encap type to IFC header file
  {net, RDMA}/mlx5: Rename encap to reformat packet
  net/mlx5: Expose new packet reformat capabilities
  net/mlx5: Pass a namespace for packet reformat ID allocation
  net/mlx5: Export packet reformat alloc/dealloc functions
  RDMA/uverbs: Add UVERBS_ATTR_CONST_IN to the specs language
  RDMA/mlx5: Add a new flow action verb - modify header
  RDMA/uverbs: Add generic function to fill in flow action object
  RDMA/mlx5: Add new flow action verb - packet reformat
  RDMA/mlx5: Extend packet reformat verbs

 drivers/infiniband/core/uverbs_ioctl.c             |  23 ++
 .../infiniband/core/uverbs_std_types_flow_action.c |   7 +-
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/devx.c                  |   6 +-
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/flow.c                  | 301 +++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/main.c                  |   3 +
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/mlx5_ib.h               |  19 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/cmd.c      |   8 +-
 .../mellanox/mlx5/core/diag/fs_tracepoint.h        |   2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_tc.c    |  51 ++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/eswitch.c  |   2 +-
 .../ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/eswitch_offloads.c |   9 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/fs_cmd.c   |  87 +++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/fs_core.c  |  73 +++--
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/mlx5_core.h    |  12 +-
 include/linux/mlx5/device.h                        |   6 +
 include/linux/mlx5/fs.h                            |  20 +-
 include/linux/mlx5/mlx5_ifc.h                      |  70 +++--
 include/rdma/uverbs_ioctl.h                        |  40 +++
 include/rdma/uverbs_std_types.h                    |  12 +
 include/uapi/rdma/mlx5_user_ioctl_cmds.h           |  18 ++
 include/uapi/rdma/mlx5_user_ioctl_verbs.h          |  12 +
 21 files changed, 638 insertions(+), 143 deletions(-)