Subject: [PATCH v2 00/11] mscc: ocelot: add support for SerDes muxing configuration

From: Quentin Schulz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2018 11:32:57 +0200

The Ocelot switch has currently an hardcoded SerDes muxing that suits only
a particular use case. Any other board setup will fail to work.

To prepare for upcoming boards' support that do not have the same muxing,
create a PHY driver that will handle all possible cases.

A SerDes can work in SGMII, QSGMII or PCIe and is also muxed to use a
given port depending on the selected mode or board design.

The SerDes configuration is in the middle of an address space (HSIO) that
is used to configure some parts in the MAC controller driver, that is why
we need to use a syscon so that we can write to the same address space from
different drivers safely using regmap.

Patches from generic PHY and net should be safe to be merged separately.

This breaks backward compatibility but it's fine because there's only one
board at the moment that is using what's modified in this patch series.
This will break git bisect.

Even though this patch series is about SerDes __muxing__ configuration, the
DT node is named serdes for the simple reason that I couldn't find any
mention to SerDes anywhere else from the address space handled by this
driver.

I suggest patches 1 and 8 go through MIPS tree, 2 to 5 and 11 go through
net while the others (6, 7, 9 and 10) go through the generic PHY subsystem.

Thanks,
Quentin

v2:

  - use a switch case for setting the phy_mode in the SerDes driver as
  suggested by Andrew,
  - stop replacing the value of the error pointer in the SerDes driver,
  - use a dev_dbg for the deferring of the probe in the SerDes driver,
  - use constants in the Device Tree to select the SerDes macro in use with
  a port,
  - adapt the SerDes driver to use those constants,
  - add a header file in include/dt-bindings for the constants,
  - fix space/tab issue,

Quentin Schulz (11):
  MIPS: mscc: ocelot: make HSIO registers address range a syscon
  dt-bindings: net: ocelot: remove hsio from the list of register
    address spaces
  net: mscc: ocelot: get HSIO regmap from syscon
  net: mscc: ocelot: move the HSIO header to include/soc
  net: mscc: ocelot: simplify register access for PLL5 configuration
  phy: add QSGMII and PCIE modes
  dt-bindings: phy: add DT binding for Microsemi Ocelot SerDes muxing
  MIPS: mscc: ocelot: add SerDes mux DT node
  dt-bindings: add constants for Microsemi Ocelot SerDes driver
  phy: add driver for Microsemi Ocelot SerDes muxing
  net: mscc: ocelot: make use of SerDes PHYs for handling their
    configuration

 .../devicetree/bindings/mips/mscc.txt         |  16 +
 .../devicetree/bindings/net/mscc-ocelot.txt   |   9 +-
 .../bindings/phy/phy-ocelot-serdes.txt        |  40 +++
 arch/mips/boot/dts/mscc/ocelot.dtsi           |  19 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mscc/Kconfig             |   2 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/mscc/ocelot.c            |  16 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mscc/ocelot.h            |  79 +----
 drivers/net/ethernet/mscc/ocelot_board.c      |  61 +++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mscc/ocelot_regs.c       |  93 +-----
 drivers/phy/Kconfig                           |   1 +
 drivers/phy/Makefile                          |   1 +
 drivers/phy/mscc/Kconfig                      |  11 +
 drivers/phy/mscc/Makefile                     |   5 +
 drivers/phy/mscc/phy-ocelot-serdes.c          | 288 ++++++++++++++++++
 include/dt-bindings/phy/phy-ocelot-serdes.h   |  19 ++
 include/linux/phy/phy.h                       |   2 +
 .../soc}/mscc/ocelot_hsio.h                   |  74 +++++
 17 files changed, 556 insertions(+), 180 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/phy/phy-ocelot-serdes.txt
 create mode 100644 drivers/phy/mscc/Kconfig
 create mode 100644 drivers/phy/mscc/Makefile
 create mode 100644 drivers/phy/mscc/phy-ocelot-serdes.c
 create mode 100644 include/dt-bindings/phy/phy-ocelot-serdes.h
 rename {drivers/net/ethernet => include/soc}/mscc/ocelot_hsio.h (95%)

-- 
2.17.1