Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 3/4] gpiolib: Pass array info to get/set array functions

From: kbuild test robot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 23:23:40 +0800

Hi Janusz,

Thank you for the patch! Perhaps something to improve:

[auto build test WARNING on gpio/for-next]
[also build test WARNING on v4.19-rc2 next-20180831]
[if your patch is applied to the wrong git tree, please drop us a note to help improve the system]

url:    https://github.com/0day-ci/linux/commits/Janusz-Krzysztofik/gpiolib-Pass-bitmaps-not-integer-arrays-to-get-set-array/20180903-172834
base:   https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linusw/linux-gpio.git for-next
reproduce: make htmldocs
:::::: branch date: 8 hours ago
:::::: commit date: 8 hours ago

All warnings (new ones prefixed by >>):

   WARNING: convert(1) not found, for SVG to PDF conversion install ImageMagick (https://www.imagemagick.org)
   include/linux/srcu.h:175: warning: Function parameter or member 'p' not described in 'srcu_dereference_notrace'
   include/linux/srcu.h:175: warning: Function parameter or member 'sp' not described in 'srcu_dereference_notrace'
   include/linux/gfp.h:1: warning: no structured comments found
   include/net/cfg80211.h:4381: warning: Function parameter or member 'wext.ibss' not described in 'wireless_dev'
   include/net/cfg80211.h:4381: warning: Function parameter or member 'wext.connect' not described in 'wireless_dev'
   include/net/cfg80211.h:4381: warning: Function parameter or member 'wext.keys' not described in 'wireless_dev'
   include/net/cfg80211.h:4381: warning: Function parameter or member 'wext.ie' not described in 'wireless_dev'
   include/net/cfg80211.h:4381: warning: Function parameter or member 'wext.ie_len' not described in 'wireless_dev'
   include/net/cfg80211.h:4381: warning: Function parameter or member 'wext.bssid' not described in 'wireless_dev'
   include/net/cfg80211.h:4381: warning: Function parameter or member 'wext.ssid' not described in 'wireless_dev'
   include/net/cfg80211.h:4381: warning: Function parameter or member 'wext.default_key' not described in 'wireless_dev'
   include/net/cfg80211.h:4381: warning: Function parameter or member 'wext.default_mgmt_key' not described in 'wireless_dev'
   include/net/cfg80211.h:4381: warning: Function parameter or member 'wext.prev_bssid_valid' not described in 'wireless_dev'
   include/net/mac80211.h:2328: warning: Function parameter or member 'radiotap_timestamp.units_pos' not described in 'ieee80211_hw'
   include/net/mac80211.h:2328: warning: Function parameter or member 'radiotap_timestamp.accuracy' not described in 'ieee80211_hw'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'control.rates' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'control.rts_cts_rate_idx' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'control.use_rts' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'control.use_cts_prot' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'control.short_preamble' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'control.skip_table' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'control.jiffies' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'control.vif' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'control.hw_key' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'control.flags' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'control.enqueue_time' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'ack' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'ack.cookie' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'status.rates' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'status.ack_signal' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'status.ampdu_ack_len' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'status.ampdu_len' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'status.antenna' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'status.tx_time' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'status.is_valid_ack_signal' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'status.status_driver_data' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'driver_rates' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'pad' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   include/net/mac80211.h:977: warning: Function parameter or member 'rate_driver_data' not described in 'ieee80211_tx_info'
   net/mac80211/sta_info.h:588: warning: Function parameter or member 'rx_stats_avg' not described in 'sta_info'
   net/mac80211/sta_info.h:588: warning: Function parameter or member 'rx_stats_avg.signal' not described in 'sta_info'
   net/mac80211/sta_info.h:588: warning: Function parameter or member 'rx_stats_avg.chain_signal' not described in 'sta_info'
   net/mac80211/sta_info.h:588: warning: Function parameter or member 'status_stats.filtered' not described in 'sta_info'
   net/mac80211/sta_info.h:588: warning: Function parameter or member 'status_stats.retry_failed' not described in 'sta_info'
   net/mac80211/sta_info.h:588: warning: Function parameter or member 'status_stats.retry_count' not described in 'sta_info'
   net/mac80211/sta_info.h:588: warning: Function parameter or member 'status_stats.lost_packets' not described in 'sta_info'
   net/mac80211/sta_info.h:588: warning: Function parameter or member 'status_stats.last_tdls_pkt_time' not described in 'sta_info'
   net/mac80211/sta_info.h:588: warning: Function parameter or member 'status_stats.msdu_retries' not described in 'sta_info'
   net/mac80211/sta_info.h:588: warning: Function parameter or member 'status_stats.msdu_failed' not described in 'sta_info'
   net/mac80211/sta_info.h:588: warning: Function parameter or member 'status_stats.last_ack' not described in 'sta_info'
   net/mac80211/sta_info.h:588: warning: Function parameter or member 'status_stats.last_ack_signal' not described in 'sta_info'
   net/mac80211/sta_info.h:588: warning: Function parameter or member 'status_stats.ack_signal_filled' not described in 'sta_info'
   net/mac80211/sta_info.h:588: warning: Function parameter or member 'status_stats.avg_ack_signal' not described in 'sta_info'
   net/mac80211/sta_info.h:588: warning: Function parameter or member 'tx_stats.packets' not described in 'sta_info'
   net/mac80211/sta_info.h:588: warning: Function parameter or member 'tx_stats.bytes' not described in 'sta_info'
   net/mac80211/sta_info.h:588: warning: Function parameter or member 'tx_stats.last_rate' not described in 'sta_info'
   net/mac80211/sta_info.h:588: warning: Function parameter or member 'tx_stats.msdu' not described in 'sta_info'
   include/linux/mod_devicetable.h:763: warning: Function parameter or member 'driver_data' not described in 'typec_device_id'
   kernel/sched/fair.c:3371: warning: Function parameter or member 'flags' not described in 'attach_entity_load_avg'
   arch/x86/include/asm/atomic.h:84: warning: Excess function parameter 'i' description in 'arch_atomic_sub_and_test'
   arch/x86/include/asm/atomic.h:84: warning: Excess function parameter 'v' description in 'arch_atomic_sub_and_test'
   arch/x86/include/asm/atomic.h:96: warning: Excess function parameter 'v' description in 'arch_atomic_inc'
   arch/x86/include/asm/atomic.h:109: warning: Excess function parameter 'v' description in 'arch_atomic_dec'
   arch/x86/include/asm/atomic.h:124: warning: Excess function parameter 'v' description in 'arch_atomic_dec_and_test'
   arch/x86/include/asm/atomic.h:138: warning: Excess function parameter 'v' description in 'arch_atomic_inc_and_test'
   arch/x86/include/asm/atomic.h:153: warning: Excess function parameter 'i' description in 'arch_atomic_add_negative'
   arch/x86/include/asm/atomic.h:153: warning: Excess function parameter 'v' description in 'arch_atomic_add_negative'
   include/linux/dma-buf.h:304: warning: Function parameter or member 'cb_excl.cb' not described in 'dma_buf'
   include/linux/dma-buf.h:304: warning: Function parameter or member 'cb_excl.poll' not described in 'dma_buf'
   include/linux/dma-buf.h:304: warning: Function parameter or member 'cb_excl.active' not described in 'dma_buf'
   include/linux/dma-buf.h:304: warning: Function parameter or member 'cb_shared.cb' not described in 'dma_buf'
   include/linux/dma-buf.h:304: warning: Function parameter or member 'cb_shared.poll' not described in 'dma_buf'
   include/linux/dma-buf.h:304: warning: Function parameter or member 'cb_shared.active' not described in 'dma_buf'
   include/linux/dma-fence-array.h:54: warning: Function parameter or member 'work' not described in 'dma_fence_array'
   include/linux/gpio/driver.h:142: warning: Function parameter or member 'request_key' not described in 'gpio_irq_chip'
>> drivers/gpio/gpiolib.c:2917: warning: Function parameter or member 'array_info' not described in 'gpiod_get_raw_array_value'
>> drivers/gpio/gpiolib.c:2942: warning: Function parameter or member 'array_info' not described in 'gpiod_get_array_value'
   drivers/gpio/gpiolib.c:2942: warning: Function parameter or member 'value_bitmap' not described in 'gpiod_get_array_value'
   drivers/gpio/gpiolib.c:2942: warning: Excess function parameter 'value_bitnap' description in 'gpiod_get_array_value'
>> drivers/gpio/gpiolib.c:3180: warning: Function parameter or member 'array_info' not described in 'gpiod_set_raw_array_value'
>> drivers/gpio/gpiolib.c:3204: warning: Function parameter or member 'array_info' not described in 'gpiod_set_array_value'
>> drivers/gpio/gpiolib.c:3442: warning: Function parameter or member 'array_info' not described in 'gpiod_get_raw_array_value_cansleep'
>> drivers/gpio/gpiolib.c:3467: warning: Function parameter or member 'array_info' not described in 'gpiod_get_array_value_cansleep'
>> drivers/gpio/gpiolib.c:3528: warning: Function parameter or member 'array_info' not described in 'gpiod_set_raw_array_value_cansleep'
>> drivers/gpio/gpiolib.c:3569: warning: Function parameter or member 'array_info' not described in 'gpiod_set_array_value_cansleep'
   include/linux/iio/hw-consumer.h:1: warning: no structured comments found
   include/linux/input/sparse-keymap.h:46: warning: Function parameter or member 'sw' not described in 'key_entry'
   drivers/pci/pci.c:218: warning: Excess function parameter 'p' description in 'pci_dev_str_match_path'
   include/linux/regulator/driver.h:227: warning: Function parameter or member 'resume' not described in 'regulator_ops'
   drivers/regulator/core.c:4479: warning: Excess function parameter 'state' description in 'regulator_suspend'
   arch/s390/include/asm/cio.h:245: warning: Function parameter or member 'esw.esw0' not described in 'irb'
   arch/s390/include/asm/cio.h:245: warning: Function parameter or member 'esw.esw1' not described in 'irb'
   arch/s390/include/asm/cio.h:245: warning: Function parameter or member 'esw.esw2' not described in 'irb'
   arch/s390/include/asm/cio.h:245: warning: Function parameter or member 'esw.esw3' not described in 'irb'
   arch/s390/include/asm/cio.h:245: warning: Function parameter or member 'esw.eadm' not described in 'irb'
   drivers/slimbus/stream.c:1: warning: no structured comments found
   drivers/target/target_core_device.c:1: warning: no structured comments found
   drivers/usb/dwc3/gadget.c:510: warning: Excess function parameter 'dwc' description in 'dwc3_gadget_start_config'
   drivers/usb/typec/class.c:1497: warning: Excess function parameter 'drvdata' description in 'typec_port_register_altmode'
   drivers/usb/typec/class.c:1497: warning: Excess function parameter 'drvdata' description in 'typec_port_register_altmode'
   drivers/usb/typec/class.c:1497: warning: Excess function parameter 'drvdata' description in 'typec_port_register_altmode'
   drivers/usb/typec/class.c:1497: warning: Excess function parameter 'drvdata' description in 'typec_port_register_altmode'
   drivers/usb/typec/class.c:1497: warning: Excess function parameter 'drvdata' description in 'typec_port_register_altmode'
   drivers/usb/typec/class.c:1497: warning: Excess function parameter 'drvdata' description in 'typec_port_register_altmode'
   drivers/usb/typec/class.c:1497: warning: Excess function parameter 'drvdata' description in 'typec_port_register_altmode'
   drivers/usb/typec/class.c:1497: warning: Excess function parameter 'drvdata' description in 'typec_port_register_altmode'
   drivers/usb/typec/class.c:1497: warning: Excess function parameter 'drvdata' description in 'typec_port_register_altmode'
   drivers/usb/typec/class.c:1497: warning: Excess function parameter 'drvdata' description in 'typec_port_register_altmode'
   drivers/usb/typec/class.c:1497: warning: Excess function parameter 'drvdata' description in 'typec_port_register_altmode'
   drivers/usb/typec/class.c:1497: warning: Excess function parameter 'drvdata' description in 'typec_port_register_altmode'
   drivers/usb/typec/bus.c:1: warning: no structured comments found
   drivers/usb/typec/bus.c:268: warning: Function parameter or member 'mode' not described in 'typec_match_altmode'
   drivers/usb/typec/class.c:1497: warning: Excess function parameter 'drvdata' description in 'typec_port_register_altmode'
   drivers/usb/typec/class.c:1: warning: no structured comments found
   include/linux/w1.h:281: warning: Function parameter or member 'of_match_table' not described in 'w1_family'
   fs/direct-io.c:257: warning: Excess function parameter 'offset' description in 'dio_complete'
   fs/file_table.c:1: warning: no structured comments found
   fs/libfs.c:477: warning: Excess function parameter 'available' description in 'simple_write_end'
   fs/posix_acl.c:646: warning: Function parameter or member 'inode' not described in 'posix_acl_update_mode'
   fs/posix_acl.c:646: warning: Function parameter or member 'mode_p' not described in 'posix_acl_update_mode'
   fs/posix_acl.c:646: warning: Function parameter or member 'acl' not described in 'posix_acl_update_mode'
   drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_mn.c:183: warning: Function parameter or member 'blockable' not described in 'amdgpu_mn_read_lock'
   drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_mn.c:254: warning: Function parameter or member 'blockable' not described in 'amdgpu_mn_invalidate_range_start_gfx'
   drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_mn.c:302: warning: Function parameter or member 'blockable' not described in 'amdgpu_mn_invalidate_range_start_hsa'
   drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_vm.c:2986: warning: Excess function parameter 'dev' description in 'amdgpu_vm_get_task_info'
   drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_vm.c:2987: warning: Function parameter or member 'adev' not described in 'amdgpu_vm_get_task_info'
   drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_vm.c:2987: warning: Excess function parameter 'dev' description in 'amdgpu_vm_get_task_info'
   include/drm/drm_drv.h:610: warning: Function parameter or member 'gem_prime_pin' not described in 'drm_driver'
   include/drm/drm_drv.h:610: warning: Function parameter or member 'gem_prime_unpin' not described in 'drm_driver'
   include/drm/drm_drv.h:610: warning: Function parameter or member 'gem_prime_res_obj' not described in 'drm_driver'
   include/drm/drm_drv.h:610: warning: Function parameter or member 'gem_prime_get_sg_table' not described in 'drm_driver'
   include/drm/drm_drv.h:610: warning: Function parameter or member 'gem_prime_import_sg_table' not described in 'drm_driver'
   include/drm/drm_drv.h:610: warning: Function parameter or member 'gem_prime_vmap' not described in 'drm_driver'
   include/drm/drm_drv.h:610: warning: Function parameter or member 'gem_prime_vunmap' not described in 'drm_driver'
   include/drm/drm_drv.h:610: warning: Function parameter or member 'gem_prime_mmap' not described in 'drm_driver'
   include/drm/drm_panel.h:98: warning: Function parameter or member 'link' not described in 'drm_panel'
   drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_vma.h:49: warning: cannot understand function prototype: 'struct i915_vma '
   drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_vma.h:1: warning: no structured comments found
   drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_guc_fwif.h:553: warning: cannot understand function prototype: 'struct guc_log_buffer_state '
   drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_trace.h:1: warning: no structured comments found
   include/linux/skbuff.h:860: warning: Function parameter or member 'dev_scratch' not described in 'sk_buff'
   include/linux/skbuff.h:860: warning: Function parameter or member 'list' not described in 'sk_buff'
   include/linux/skbuff.h:860: warning: Function parameter or member 'ip_defrag_offset' not described in 'sk_buff'
   include/linux/skbuff.h:860: warning: Function parameter or member 'skb_mstamp' not described in 'sk_buff'
   include/linux/skbuff.h:860: warning: Function parameter or member '__cloned_offset' not described in 'sk_buff'
   include/linux/skbuff.h:860: warning: Function parameter or member 'head_frag' not described in 'sk_buff'
   include/linux/skbuff.h:860: warning: Function parameter or member '__pkt_type_offset' not described in 'sk_buff'
   include/linux/skbuff.h:860: warning: Function parameter or member 'encapsulation' not described in 'sk_buff'
   include/linux/skbuff.h:860: warning: Function parameter or member 'encap_hdr_csum' not described in 'sk_buff'
   include/linux/skbuff.h:860: warning: Function parameter or member 'csum_valid' not described in 'sk_buff'
   include/linux/skbuff.h:860: warning: Function parameter or member 'csum_complete_sw' not described in 'sk_buff'
   include/linux/skbuff.h:860: warning: Function parameter or member 'csum_level' not described in 'sk_buff'
   include/linux/skbuff.h:860: warning: Function parameter or member 'inner_protocol_type' not described in 'sk_buff'
   include/linux/skbuff.h:860: warning: Function parameter or member 'remcsum_offload' not described in 'sk_buff'
   include/linux/skbuff.h:860: warning: Function parameter or member 'offload_fwd_mark' not described in 'sk_buff'
   include/linux/skbuff.h:860: warning: Function parameter or member 'offload_mr_fwd_mark' not described in 'sk_buff'
   include/linux/skbuff.h:860: warning: Function parameter or member 'sender_cpu' not described in 'sk_buff'
   include/linux/skbuff.h:860: warning: Function parameter or member 'reserved_tailroom' not described in 'sk_buff'
   include/linux/skbuff.h:860: warning: Function parameter or member 'inner_ipproto' not described in 'sk_buff'
   include/net/sock.h:238: warning: Function parameter or member 'skc_addrpair' not described in 'sock_common'
   include/net/sock.h:238: warning: Function parameter or member 'skc_portpair' not described in 'sock_common'
   include/net/sock.h:238: warning: Function parameter or member 'skc_ipv6only' not described in 'sock_common'
   include/net/sock.h:238: warning: Function parameter or member 'skc_net_refcnt' not described in 'sock_common'
   include/net/sock.h:238: warning: Function parameter or member 'skc_v6_daddr' not described in 'sock_common'
   include/net/sock.h:238: warning: Function parameter or member 'skc_v6_rcv_saddr' not described in 'sock_common'
   include/net/sock.h:238: warning: Function parameter or member 'skc_cookie' not described in 'sock_common'
   include/net/sock.h:238: warning: Function parameter or member 'skc_listener' not described in 'sock_common'
   include/net/sock.h:238: warning: Function parameter or member 'skc_tw_dr' not described in 'sock_common'
   include/net/sock.h:238: warning: Function parameter or member 'skc_rcv_wnd' not described in 'sock_common'
   include/net/sock.h:238: warning: Function parameter or member 'skc_tw_rcv_nxt' not described in 'sock_common'
   include/net/sock.h:509: warning: Function parameter or member 'sk_backlog.rmem_alloc' not described in 'sock'
   include/net/sock.h:509: warning: Function parameter or member 'sk_backlog.len' not described in 'sock'
   include/net/sock.h:509: warning: Function parameter or member 'sk_backlog.head' not described in 'sock'
   include/net/sock.h:509: warning: Function parameter or member 'sk_backlog.tail' not described in 'sock'
   include/net/sock.h:509: warning: Function parameter or member 'sk_wq_raw' not described in 'sock'
   include/net/sock.h:509: warning: Function parameter or member 'tcp_rtx_queue' not described in 'sock'
   include/net/sock.h:509: warning: Function parameter or member 'sk_route_forced_caps' not described in 'sock'
   include/net/sock.h:509: warning: Function parameter or member 'sk_txtime_report_errors' not described in 'sock'
   include/net/sock.h:509: warning: Function parameter or member 'sk_validate_xmit_skb' not described in 'sock'
   include/linux/netdevice.h:2018: warning: Function parameter or member 'adj_list.upper' not described in 'net_device'
   include/linux/netdevice.h:2018: warning: Function parameter or member 'adj_list.lower' not described in 'net_device'
   include/linux/netdevice.h:2018: warning: Function parameter or member 'gso_partial_features' not described in 'net_device'
   include/linux/netdevice.h:2018: warning: Function parameter or member 'switchdev_ops' not described in 'net_device'
   include/linux/netdevice.h:2018: warning: Function parameter or member 'l3mdev_ops' not described in 'net_device'
   include/linux/netdevice.h:2018: warning: Function parameter or member 'xfrmdev_ops' not described in 'net_device'

# https://github.com/0day-ci/linux/commit/dea6937cb6f545e86b0d5bc4c7e31be802de175d
git remote add linux-review https://github.com/0day-ci/linux
git remote update linux-review
git checkout dea6937cb6f545e86b0d5bc4c7e31be802de175d
vim +2917 drivers/gpio/gpiolib.c

d2876d08 David Brownell     2008-02-04  2898  
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2899  /**
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2900   * gpiod_get_raw_array_value() - read raw values from an array of GPIOs
916010a7 Janusz Krzysztofik 2018-09-02  2901   * @array_size: number of elements in the descriptor array / value bitmap
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2902   * @desc_array: array of GPIO descriptors whose values will be read
916010a7 Janusz Krzysztofik 2018-09-02  2903   * @value_bitmap: bitmap to store the read values
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2904   *
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2905   * Read the raw values of the GPIOs, i.e. the values of the physical lines
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2906   * without regard for their ACTIVE_LOW status.  Return 0 in case of success,
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2907   * else an error code.
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2908   *
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2909   * This function should be called from contexts where we cannot sleep,
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2910   * and it will complain if the GPIO chip functions potentially sleep.
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2911   */
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2912  int gpiod_get_raw_array_value(unsigned int array_size,
916010a7 Janusz Krzysztofik 2018-09-02  2913  			      struct gpio_desc **desc_array,
dea6937c Janusz Krzysztofik 2018-09-02  2914  			      struct gpio_array *array_info,
916010a7 Janusz Krzysztofik 2018-09-02  2915  			      unsigned long *value_bitmap)
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2916  {
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12 @2917  	if (!desc_array)
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2918  		return -EINVAL;
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2919  	return gpiod_get_array_value_complex(true, false, array_size,
dea6937c Janusz Krzysztofik 2018-09-02  2920  					     desc_array, array_info,
dea6937c Janusz Krzysztofik 2018-09-02  2921  					     value_bitmap);
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2922  }
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2923  EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(gpiod_get_raw_array_value);
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2924  
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2925  /**
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2926   * gpiod_get_array_value() - read values from an array of GPIOs
916010a7 Janusz Krzysztofik 2018-09-02  2927   * @array_size: number of elements in the descriptor array / value bitmap
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2928   * @desc_array: array of GPIO descriptors whose values will be read
916010a7 Janusz Krzysztofik 2018-09-02  2929   * @value_bitnap: bitmap to store the read values
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2930   *
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2931   * Read the logical values of the GPIOs, i.e. taking their ACTIVE_LOW status
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2932   * into account.  Return 0 in case of success, else an error code.
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2933   *
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2934   * This function should be called from contexts where we cannot sleep,
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2935   * and it will complain if the GPIO chip functions potentially sleep.
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2936   */
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2937  int gpiod_get_array_value(unsigned int array_size,
916010a7 Janusz Krzysztofik 2018-09-02  2938  			  struct gpio_desc **desc_array,
dea6937c Janusz Krzysztofik 2018-09-02  2939  			  struct gpio_array *array_info,
916010a7 Janusz Krzysztofik 2018-09-02  2940  			  unsigned long *value_bitmap)
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2941  {
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12 @2942  	if (!desc_array)
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2943  		return -EINVAL;
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2944  	return gpiod_get_array_value_complex(false, false, array_size,
dea6937c Janusz Krzysztofik 2018-09-02  2945  					     desc_array, array_info,
dea6937c Janusz Krzysztofik 2018-09-02  2946  					     value_bitmap);
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2947  }
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2948  EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(gpiod_get_array_value);
eec1d566 Lukas Wunner       2017-10-12  2949  

:::::: The code at line 2917 was first introduced by commit
:::::: eec1d566cdf94b57e8f5ba9fe60eea214929bcfc gpio: Introduce ->get_multiple callback

:::::: TO: Lukas Wunner <[email-masked]>
:::::: CC: Linus Walleij <[email-masked]>

---
0-DAY kernel test infrastructure                Open Source Technology Center
https://lists.01.org/pipermail/kbuild-all                   Intel Corporation
_______________________________________________
devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://driverdev.linuxdriverproject.org/mailman/listinfo/driverdev-devel