Subject: [PATCH rdma-next 00/24] Extend DEVX functionality

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 14:03:53 +0300

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>

>>From Yishai,

This series comes to enable the DEVX functionality in some wider scope,
specifically,
- It enables using kernel objects that were created by the verbs
  API in the DEVX flow.
- It enables white list commands without DEVX user context.
- It enables the IB link layer under CAP_NET_RAW capabilities.
- It exposes the PRM handles for RAW QP (i.e. TIRN, TISN, RQN, SQN)
  to be used later on directly by the DEVX interface.

In General,
Each object that is created/destroyed/modified via verbs will be stamped
with a UID based on its user context. This is already done for DEVX objects
commands.

This will enable the firmware to enforce the usage of kernel objects
from the DEVX flow by validating that the same UID is used and the resources are
really related to the same user.

For example in case a CQ was created with verbs it will be stamped with
UID and once will be pointed by a DEVX create QP command the firmware will
validate that the input CQN really belongs to the UID which issues the create QP
command.

As of the above, all the PRM objects (except of the public ones which
are managed by the kernel e.g. FLOW, etc.) will have a UID upon their
create/modify/destroy commands. The detection of UMEM / physical
addressed in the relevant commands will be done by firmware according to a 'umem
valid bit' as the UID may be used in both cases.

The series also enables white list commands which don't require a
specific DEVX context, instead of this a device UID is used so that
the firmware will mask un-privileged functionality. The IB link layer
is also enabled once CAP_NET_RAW permission exists.

To enable using the RAW QP underlay objects (e.g. TIRN, RQN, etc.) later
on by DEVX commands the UHW output for this case was extended to return this
data when a DEVX context is used.

Thanks

Leon Romanovsky (1):
  net/mlx5: Update mlx5_ifc with DEVX UID bits

Yishai Hadas (24):
  net/mlx5: Set uid as part of CQ commands
  net/mlx5: Set uid as part of QP commands
  net/mlx5: Set uid as part of RQ commands
  net/mlx5: Set uid as part of SQ commands
  net/mlx5: Set uid as part of SRQ commands
  net/mlx5: Set uid as part of DCT commands
  IB/mlx5: Set uid as part of CQ creation
  IB/mlx5: Set uid as part of QP creation
  IB/mlx5: Set uid as part of RQ commands
  IB/mlx5: Set uid as part of SQ commands
  IB/mlx5: Set uid as part of TIR commands
  IB/mlx5: Set uid as part of TIS commands
  IB/mlx5: Set uid as part of RQT commands
  IB/mlx5: Set uid as part of PD commands
  IB/mlx5: Set uid as part of TD commands
  IB/mlx5: Set uid as part of SRQ commands
  IB/mlx5: Set uid as part of DCT commands
  IB/mlx5: Set uid as part of XRCD commands
  IB/mlx5: Set uid as part of MCG commands
  IB/mlx5: Set valid umem bit on DEVX
  IB/mlx5: Expose RAW QP device handles to user space
  IB/mlx5: Manage device uid for DEVX white list commands
  IB/mlx5: Enable DEVX white list commands
  IB/mlx5: Enable DEVX on IB

 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/cmd.c              | 129 ++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/cmd.h              |  14 ++
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/cq.c               |   1 +
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/devx.c             | 182 +++++++++++++++++++++++---
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/main.c             |  80 +++++++----
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/mlx5_ib.h          |  15 +--
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/qp.c               | 141 +++++++++++++++-----
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/srq.c              |   1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/cq.c  |   4 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/qp.c  |  81 ++++++++----
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/srq.c |  30 ++++-
 include/linux/mlx5/cq.h                       |   1 +
 include/linux/mlx5/driver.h                   |   1 +
 include/linux/mlx5/mlx5_ifc.h                 | 135 +++++++++++--------
 include/linux/mlx5/qp.h                       |   1 +
 include/linux/mlx5/srq.h                      |   1 +
 include/uapi/rdma/mlx5-abi.h                  |  13 ++
 17 files changed, 657 insertions(+), 173 deletions(-)