Subject: [PATCH stable 4.9 00/29] backport of IP fragmentation fixes

From: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2018 15:48:55 -0700

This is based on Stephen's v4.14 patches, with the necessary merge
conflicts, and the lack of timer_setup() on the 4.9 baseline.

Perf results on a gigabit capable system, before and after are below.

Series can also be found here:

https://github.com/ffainelli/linux/commits/fragment-stack-v4.9

   PerfTop:     457 irqs/sec  kernel:74.4%  exact:  0.0% [4000Hz cycles],  (all, 4 CPUs)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    29.62%  [kernel]       [k] ip_defrag                  
     6.57%  [kernel]       [k] arch_cpu_idle              
     1.72%  [kernel]       [k] v7_dma_inv_range           
     1.68%  [kernel]       [k] __netif_receive_skb_core   
     1.43%  [kernel]       [k] fib_table_lookup           
     1.30%  [kernel]       [k] finish_task_switch         
     1.08%  [kernel]       [k] ip_rcv                     
     1.01%  [kernel]       [k] skb_release_data           
     0.99%  [kernel]       [k] __slab_free                
     0.96%  [kernel]       [k] bcm_sysport_poll           
     0.88%  [kernel]       [k] __netdev_alloc_skb         
     0.87%  [kernel]       [k] tick_nohz_idle_enter       
     0.86%  [kernel]       [k] dev_gro_receive            
     0.85%  [kernel]       [k] _raw_spin_unlock_irqrestore
     0.84%  [kernel]       [k] __memzero                  
     0.74%  [kernel]       [k] tick_nohz_idle_exit        
     0.73%  ld-2.24.so     [.] do_lookup_x                
     0.66%  [kernel]       [k] kmem_cache_free            
     0.66%  [kernel]       [k] bcm_sysport_rx_refill      
     0.65%  [kernel]       [k] eth_type_trans             

After patching:

  PerfTop:     170 irqs/sec  kernel:86.5%  exact:  0.0% [4000Hz cycles],  (all, 4 CPUs)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     7.79%  [kernel]       [k] arch_cpu_idle              
     5.14%  [kernel]       [k] v7_dma_inv_range           
     4.20%  [kernel]       [k] ip_defrag                  
     3.89%  [kernel]       [k] __netif_receive_skb_core   
     3.65%  [kernel]       [k] fib_table_lookup           
     2.16%  [kernel]       [k] finish_task_switch         
     1.93%  [kernel]       [k] _raw_spin_unlock_irqrestore
     1.90%  [kernel]       [k] ip_rcv                     
     1.84%  [kernel]       [k] bcm_sysport_poll           
     1.83%  [kernel]       [k] __memzero                  
     1.65%  [kernel]       [k] __netdev_alloc_skb         
     1.60%  [kernel]       [k] __slab_free                
     1.49%  [kernel]       [k] __do_softirq               
     1.49%  [kernel]       [k] bcm_sysport_rx_refill      
     1.31%  [kernel]       [k] dma_cache_maint_page       
     1.25%  [kernel]       [k] tick_nohz_idle_enter       
     1.24%  [kernel]       [k] ip_route_input_noref       
     1.17%  [kernel]       [k] eth_type_trans             
     1.06%  [kernel]       [k] fib_validate_source        
     1.03%  [kernel]       [k] inet_frag_find    

Dan Carpenter (1):
  ipv4: frags: precedence bug in ip_expire()

Eric Dumazet (22):
  inet: frags: change inet_frags_init_net() return value
  inet: frags: add a pointer to struct netns_frags
  inet: frags: refactor ipfrag_init()
  inet: frags: refactor ipv6_frag_init()
  inet: frags: refactor lowpan_net_frag_init()
  ipv6: export ip6 fragments sysctl to unprivileged users
  rhashtable: add schedule points
  inet: frags: use rhashtables for reassembly units
  inet: frags: remove some helpers
  inet: frags: get rif of inet_frag_evicting()
  inet: frags: remove inet_frag_maybe_warn_overflow()
  inet: frags: break the 2GB limit for frags storage
  inet: frags: do not clone skb in ip_expire()
  ipv6: frags: rewrite ip6_expire_frag_queue()
  rhashtable: reorganize struct rhashtable layout
  inet: frags: reorganize struct netns_frags
  inet: frags: get rid of ipfrag_skb_cb/FRAG_CB
  inet: frags: fix ip6frag_low_thresh boundary
  net: speed up skb_rbtree_purge()
  net: pskb_trim_rcsum() and CHECKSUM_COMPLETE are friends
  net: add rb_to_skb() and other rb tree helpers
  net: sk_buff rbnode reorg

Florian Westphal (1):
  ipv6: defrag: drop non-last frags smaller than min mtu

Peter Oskolkov (4):
  ip: discard IPv4 datagrams with overlapping segments.
  net: modify skb_rbtree_purge to return the truesize of all purged
    skbs.
  ip: add helpers to process in-order fragments faster.
  ip: process in-order fragments efficiently

Taehee Yoo (1):
  ip: frags: fix crash in ip_do_fragment()

 Documentation/networking/ip-sysctl.txt  |  13 +-
 include/linux/rhashtable.h              |   4 +-
 include/linux/skbuff.h                  |  48 +-
 include/net/inet_frag.h                 | 133 +++---
 include/net/ip.h                        |   1 -
 include/net/ipv6.h                      |  26 +-
 include/uapi/linux/snmp.h               |   1 +
 lib/rhashtable.c                        |   5 +-
 net/core/skbuff.c                       |  31 +-
 net/ieee802154/6lowpan/6lowpan_i.h      |  26 +-
 net/ieee802154/6lowpan/reassembly.c     | 148 +++---
 net/ipv4/inet_fragment.c                | 379 ++++------------
 net/ipv4/ip_fragment.c                  | 573 +++++++++++++-----------
 net/ipv4/proc.c                         |   7 +-
 net/ipv4/tcp_input.c                    |  33 +-
 net/ipv6/netfilter/nf_conntrack_reasm.c | 100 ++---
 net/ipv6/proc.c                         |   5 +-
 net/ipv6/reassembly.c                   | 212 ++++-----
 18 files changed, 785 insertions(+), 960 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.1