Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/9] net: Kernel side filtering for route dumps

From: David Ahern <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 08:06:18 -0700

From: David Ahern <[email-masked]>

Implement kernel side filtering of route dumps by protocol (e.g., which
routing daemon installed the route), route type (e.g., unicast), table
id and nexthop device.

iproute2 has been doing this filtering in userspace for years; pushing
the filters to the kernel side reduces the amount of data the kernel
sends and reduces wasted cycles on both sides processing unwanted data.
These initial options provide a huge improvement for efficiently
examining routes on large scale systems.

David Ahern (9):
  net: Add struct for fib dump filter
  net/ipv4: Plumb support for filtering route dumps
  net/ipv6: Plumb support for filtering route dumps
  net/mpls: Plumb support for filtering route dumps
  net: Plumb support for filtering ipv4 and ipv6 multicast route dumps
  net: Enable kernel side filtering of route dumps
  net/mpls: Handle kernel side filtering of route dumps
  net/ipv6: Bail early if user only wants cloned entries
  net/ipv4: Bail early if user only wants prefix entries

 include/linux/mroute_base.h |  5 +--
 include/net/ip6_route.h     |  1 +
 include/net/ip_fib.h        | 14 ++++++--
 net/ipv4/fib_frontend.c     | 64 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++------
 net/ipv4/fib_trie.c         | 37 +++++++++++++------
 net/ipv4/ipmr.c             |  8 +++--
 net/ipv4/ipmr_base.c        | 33 ++++++++++++++++-
 net/ipv6/ip6_fib.c          | 17 +++++++--
 net/ipv6/ip6mr.c            |  7 ++--
 net/ipv6/route.c            | 40 ++++++++++++++++-----
 net/mpls/af_mpls.c          | 86 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------
 11 files changed, 262 insertions(+), 50 deletions(-)

-- 
2.11.0