Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH net-next 0/4] net: ethernet: ti: cpsw: fix vlan mcast

From: Ivan Khoronzhuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 23:11:35 +0300

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 02:38:33PM -0500, Grygorii Strashko wrote:
>
>
>On 10/16/2018 01:20 PM, Ivan Khoronzhuk wrote:
>>The cpsw holds separate mcast entires for vlan entries. At this moment
>>driver adds only not vlan mcast addresses, omitting vlan/mcast entries.
>>As result mcast for vlans doesn't work. It can be fixed by adding same
>>mcast entries for every created vlan, but this patchseries uses more
>>sophisticated way and allows to create mcast entries only for vlans
>>that really require it. Generic functions from this series can be
>>reused for fixing vlan and macvlan unicast.
>
>I assume this is first of all for dual_mac mode.
Mainly yes, but affects on switch mode also (and single port) adding
appropriate mcast entries.

-- Regards,
Ivan Khoronzhuk