Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: ethernet: fec: Add missing SPEED_

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 20:59:47 +0200

> I dare to dispute here ;) Above code snippet from phy_probe() will
> (try to) set also SUPPORTED_Asym_Pause, because phydrv->features
> doesn't include any of the two pause flags.
> The statement in bcm63xx_config_init you refer to seems to be a
> no-op to me therefore.
> 
> I'd say the correct way is to change the PHY config like this:
> .features	= PHY_BASIC_FEATURES | SUPPORTED_Pause;
> It's exactly the use case the code snippet above covers.

Yes, you are correct.

But it is no longer possible to just do PHY_BASIC_FEATURES |
SUPPORTED_Pause because .features is no loner a u32 but a linux
bitmap.

We need to keep the same idea, allow the PHY driver to indicate it
supports a subset of Pause, and if not, enable pause by default.

Maybe the easiest way is to move this chunk of code to after the probe
function is called.

	 Andrew