Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: ethernet: fec: Add missing SPEED_

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 22:12:17 +0200

> > Yes, you are correct.
> > 
> > But it is no longer possible to just do PHY_BASIC_FEATURES |
> > SUPPORTED_Pause because .features is no loner a u32 but a linux
> > bitmap.
> > 
> Ahh, missed that.

Yes, easy to miss, since it is still work in progress. The next
patchset completes the migration, making phydev->advertise and
phydev->supported bitmaps.

> > We need to keep the same idea, allow the PHY driver to indicate it
> > supports a subset of Pause, and if not, enable pause by default.
> > 
> Could the PHY driver define its own bitmap instead of pointing to
> one of the predefined ones?

I'm actually just adding a few more pre-defined ones. I suspect they
will get used by more than one driver. These changed have uncovered a
few bugs with pause, and i would not be surprised to find there are
more still to be found.

     Andrew