Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/7] dt-bindings: net: phy: add bindings for the IC Plus Corp. IP101A/G PHYs

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 18:03:31 +0100

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 07:20:02PM +0100, Martin Blumenstingl wrote:
> The IP101A and IP101G series both have various models. Depending on the
> board implementation we need a special property for the IP101GR (32-pin
> LQFP package) PHY:
> pin 21 ("RXER/INTR_32") outputs the "receive error" signal by default
> (LOW means "normal operation", HIGH means that there's either a decoding
> error of the received signal or that the PHY is receiving LPI). This pin
> can also be switched to INTR32 mode, where the interrupt signal is
> routed to this pin. The other PHYs don't need this special handling
> because they have more pins available so the interrupt function gets a
> dedicated pin.
> 
> This adds two properties to either select the "receive error" or
> "interrupt" function of pin 21. Not specifying any function means that
> the default set by the bootloader is used. This is required because the
> IP101GR cannot be differentiated between other IP101 PHYs as the PHY
> identification registers on all of these is 0x02430c54.

Hi Martin

Not being able to identify the device is a real problem here.

I did wonder about adding a property which tells you if this is the R
variant, but the binding you suggests seems equally good.

Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>

    Andrew