Subject: Re: [PATCH RFC 00/15] Zero ****s, hugload of hugs <3

From: Jonathan Corbet <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 15:14:59 -0700

On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 14:12:19 -0800
Jarkko Sakkinen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> As a maintainer myself (and based on somewhat disturbed feedback from
> other maintainers) I can only make the conclusion that nobody knows what
> the responsibility part here means.
> 
> I would interpret, if I read it like at lawyer at least, that even for
> existing code you would need to do the changes postmorterm.
> 
> Is this wrong interpretation?  Should I conclude that I made a mistake
> by reading the CoC and trying to understand what it *actually* says?
> After this discussion, I can say that I understand it less than before.

Have you read Documentation/process/code-of-conduct-interpretation.rst?
As has been pointed out, it contains a clear answer to how things should
be interpreted here.

Thanks,

jon