Subject: Re: [PATCH RFC 00/15] Zero ****s, hugload of hugs <3

From: Jarkko Sakkinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 13:07:39 -0800

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 11:40:17AM -0800, Kees Cook wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 11:27 AM Jarkko Sakkinen
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > In order to comply with the CoC, replace **** with a hug.
> 
> Heh. I support the replacement of the stronger language, but I find
> "hug", "hugged", and "hugging" to be very weird replacements. Can we
> bikeshed this to "heck", "hecked", and "hecking" (or "heckin" to
> follow true Doggo meme style).
> 
> "This API is hugged" doesn't make any sense to me. "This API is
> hecked" is better, or at least funnier (to me). "Hug this interface"
> similarly makes no sense, but "Heck this interface" seems better.
> "Don't touch my hecking code", "What the heck were they thinking?"
> etc... "hug" is odd.
> 
> Better yet, since it's only 17 files, how about doing context-specific
> changes? "This API is terrible", "Hateful interface", "Don't touch my
> freakin' code", "What in the world were they thinking?" etc?

I'm happy to refine this (thus the RFC tag)! And depending on the
culture, hugging could fall in the harrasment category. Actually, when I
think about it, in Finland this kind of poking of ones personal bubble
would be such :-)

I'll refine the patch set with more context sensitive replacements,
perhaps removing the comment altogether in some places. Thank you for
the feedback!

/Jarkko
_______________________________________________
dri-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/dri-devel