Subject: Re: [PATCH bpf-next 0/7] Add XDP_ATTACH bind() flag to AF_XDP sockets

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2018 17:55:05 +0100

On Sat, Dec 08, 2018 at 04:12:12PM +0100, Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Dec 2018 13:21:08 -0800
> Alexei Starovoitov <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > for production I suspect the users would want
> > an easy way to stay safe when they're playing with AF_XDP.
> > So another builtin program that redirects ssh and ping traffic
> > back to the kernel would be a nice addition.
> 
> Are you saying a buildin program that need to parse different kinds of
> Eth-type headers (DSA, VLAN, QinqQ)

Hi Jesper

Parsing DSA headers is quite hard, since most of them are not
discoverable, you need to know they are there, and where they actually
are.

I also don't think there are any use cases for actually trying to
parse them on the master interface. You are more likely to want to run
the eBPF program on the slave interface, once the DSA header has been
removed, and it is clear what interface the frame is actually for.

	 Andrew