Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/5] neighbor: More gc_list changes

From: David Ahern <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:57:20 -0700

From: David Ahern <[email-masked]>

More gc_list changes and cleanups.

The first 2 patches are bug fixes from the first gc_list change.
Specifically, fix the locking order to be consistent - table lock
followed by neighbor lock, and then entries in the FAILED state
should always be candidates for forced_gc without waiting for any
time span (return to the eviction logic prior to the separate gc_list).

Patch 3 removes 2 now unnecessary arguments to neigh_del.

Patch 4 moves a helper from a header file to core code in preparation
for Patch 5 which removes NTF_EXT_LEARNED entries from the gc_list.
These entries are already exempt from forced_gc; patch 5 removes them
from consideration and makes them on par with PERMANENT entries given
that they are also managed by userspace.

David Ahern (5):
  neighbor: Fix locking order for gc_list changes
  neighbor: Fix state check in neigh_forced_gc
  neighbor: Remove state and flags arguments to neigh_del
  neighbor: Move neigh_update_ext_learned to core file
  neighbor: Remove externally learned entries from gc_list

 include/net/neighbour.h | 18 ----------
 net/core/neighbour.c    | 94 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------------
 2 files changed, 60 insertions(+), 52 deletions(-)

-- 
2.11.0