Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/20] drop useless LIST_HEAD

From: Dan Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2018 16:40:55 +0300

On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 11:12:20PM +0100, Tom Psyborg wrote:
> there was discussion about this just some days ago. CC 4-5 lists is
> more than enough
> 

I don't know who you were discussing this with...

You should CC the 0th patch to all the mailinglists.  That much is a
clear rule.

For the rest, Julia's position is the more conservative one.  I was in
a conversation in RL and they were like, "CC everyone for all the
patches".  It depends on the context, of course.  If the patches are
dependent on each other then you *have* to CC everyone for everything.

If we really have other clear rules, then it should be encoded into
get_maintainer.pl so that it's automatic.

My other question is why do the [email-masked]
people feel like they need to be CC'd about every driver???  I always
remove them from the CC list unless it's an arch/arm issue.

regards,
dan carpenter

PS:  Please, no more top posting.