Subject: Re: AF_UNIX sockets crossing namespace based boundaries

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2019 15:05:14 +0100

On Tue, Jan 01, 2019 at 07:46:07PM -0500, Donald Sharp wrote:
> I have created multiple namespaces:
> 
> sharpd@robot /v/l/frr> ip netns list
> two (id: 2)
> one (id: 1)
> EVA (id: 0)
> 
> And am running a process in namespace two that creates a named socket
> `/var/log/frr/run/zserv.api`:

Hi Donald

Just to be sure...

Are you creating only a network name space, and not a filesystem mount
namespace?

I've successfully run hundred of FRR daemons in namespaces on Linux
for simulation work, but i always use both a network namespace and
mount namespace. /var/log/frr/run/zserv.api is clearly a filesystem
path, so you need to separate these at the filesystem level.

       Andrew