Subject: Re: DSA incompatible with TI CPSW device model in dual mac mode

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 18:30:47 +0100

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 12:09:39AM +0100, Daniele Orlandi wrote:
> 
> Hello,
> 
> I am trying to connect a Marvell switch (88E6172) to an AM3352 ethernet
> port.
> 
> In the DSA devicetree description the CPU port has to have an "ethernet"
> attribute with a reference to a device node. From which it derives the
> net_device with a call of of_find_net_device_by_node
> 
> The CPSW driver, however, has a single device node with multiple (two)
> net_devices associated.
> 
> Thus, if I reference the "mac" (ethernet@4a100000) node the first (eth0)
> port is matched.
> 
> There is no way to actually reference eth1.

Hi Daniele

Looking at Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/cpsw.txt, your DSA
Ethernet phandle should point to cpsw_emac1: slave@1. I don't know if
this actually works, but i _think_ some people have used DSA with this
device.

	 Andrew