Subject: [PATCH] stable-kernel-rules.rst: add link to networking patch queue

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 19:46:32 +0100

The networking maintainer keeps a public list of the patches being
queued up for the next round of stable releases.  Be sure to check there
before asking for a patch to be applied so that you do not waste
people's time.

Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
Acked-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
---

Jon, I can take this through one of my trees if you don't want to, which
ever is easier for you.

diff --git a/Documentation/process/stable-kernel-rules.rst b/Documentation/process/stable-kernel-rules.rst
index 0de6f6145cc6..7ba8cd567f84 100644
--- a/Documentation/process/stable-kernel-rules.rst
+++ b/Documentation/process/stable-kernel-rules.rst
@@ -38,6 +38,9 @@ Procedure for submitting patches to the -stable tree
  - If the patch covers files in net/ or drivers/net please follow netdev stable
    submission guidelines as described in
    :ref:`Documentation/networking/netdev-FAQ.rst <netdev-FAQ>`
+   after first checking the stable networking queue at
+   https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/bundle/davem/stable/?series=&submitter=&state=*&q=&archive=
+   to ensure the requested patch is not already queued up.
  - Security patches should not be handled (solely) by the -stable review
    process but should follow the procedures in
    :ref:`Documentation/admin-guide/security-bugs.rst <securitybugs>`.