Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 02/10] net: macsec: convert to SPDX

From: Antoine Tenart <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 14:29:37 +0100

Hi Andrew,

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 02:11:18PM +0100, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> > That's right, I'll fix it in v2. In such cases, the license text takes
> > precedence over the MODULE_LICENSE() definition ?
>  
> I've also not seen any real discussion about this. But when i recently
> proposed patches to cleanup similar issues in drivers/net/phy, i gave
> the license text precedence, since it is a lot easier for a human to
> understand, and it is likely a human made the error....

I would go for this as well, it seems logical for MODULE_LICENSE() to
only be an identifier of what the license described in the license text
is.

Thanks!
Antoine

-- 
Antoine Ténart, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com