Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v1 1/2] net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: Default CMODE to 1000BaseX only on 6390X

From: Marek Behun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 17:29:16 +0100

> Hi Marek
> 
> Although the previous behaviour might of allowed the cmode to be NA,
> i'm not sure that is a good idea. How do you know the port actually is
> using 2500BaseX, and not SGMII for example?
> 
> You really should set the interface mode in the device tree file, so
> you know it does have the value you want.
> 
>     Andrew

Hi Andrew,

yes, I wanted to set the cpu port mode in DTS at first, but if I
understood the code correctly (maybe I made a mistake), the CPU port
mode is not determined from DTS (since there is no phy). Am I wrong?

It would be better if it was forced from DTS from the CPU port node.

On Turris Mox the mode is set by pin configuration after reset.

Marek