Subject: Re: [PATCH stable 4.4 05/11] ip: use rb trees for IP frag queue.

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 08:07:54 +0100

On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 09:50:35AM +0800, maowenan wrote:
> 
> 
> On 2019/1/25 1:58, Greg KH wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 10:19:40AM +0800, Mao Wenan wrote:
> >> From: Peter Oskolkov <[email-masked]>
> >>
> >> [ Upstream commit fa0f527358bd900ef92f925878ed6bfbd51305cc ]
> > 
> > This commit is not in the 4.14.y tree, any specific reason why not?
> 
> I found the commit 6b921536f1707a240e6f53843f1f26231016fda5 net: sk_buff rbnode reorg  in v4.14.y
> including the fixes.

Yes, that commit is really bffa72cf7f9d ("net: sk_buff rbnode reorg"),
which is upstream in 4.14.15 and 4.15.  But fa0f527358bd ("ip: use rb
trees for IP frag queue.") is not in 4.14 at all, it showed up in
4.9.134 and 4.19.  Why did the 4.14 tree not need it and 4.9 and 4.4
does?

thanks,

greg k-h