Subject: Re: Error in the hso driver

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 21:19:24 +0100

On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 07:49:52PM +0000, Yavuz, Tuba wrote:
> Here is a proposed patch:
> 
> --- drivers/net/usb/hso.c.orig	2019-01-27 14:45:58.232683119 -0500
> +++ drivers/net/usb/hso.c	2019-01-27 14:47:43.592683629 -0500
> @@ -2377,7 +2377,7 @@ static void hso_free_net_device(struct h
>  
>  	remove_net_device(hso_net->parent);
>  
> -	if (hso_net->net)
> +	if (hso_net->net && hso_net->net->reg_state == NETREG_REGISTERED)
>  		unregister_netdev(hso_net->net);
>  
>  	/* start freeing */

Hi Tuba

Using the free function from the probe often has problems. It is
better to put the cleanup at the end of the probe, and use a
collection of goto's and labels.

	   Andrew