Subject: [PATCH AUTOSEL 4.20 018/304] ath9k: dynack: use authentication messages for 'late' ack

From: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 10:38:55 -0500

From: Lorenzo Bianconi <[email-masked]>

[ Upstream commit 3831a2a0010c72e3956020cbf1057a1701a2e469 ]

In order to properly support dynack in ad-hoc mode running
wpa_supplicant, take into account authentication frames for
'late ack' detection. This patch has been tested on devices
mounted on offshore high-voltage stations connected through
~24Km link

Reported-by: Koen Vandeputte <[email-masked]>
Tested-by: Koen Vandeputte <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Lorenzo Bianconi <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/dynack.c | 3 ++-
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/dynack.c b/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/dynack.c
index 7334c9b09e82..cc0dc966c512 100644
--- a/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/dynack.c
+++ b/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/dynack.c
@@ -187,7 +187,8 @@ void ath_dynack_sample_tx_ts(struct ath_hw *ah, struct sk_buff *skb,
 	/* late ACK */
 	if (ts->ts_status & ATH9K_TXERR_XRETRY) {
 		if (ieee80211_is_assoc_req(hdr->frame_control) ||
-		    ieee80211_is_assoc_resp(hdr->frame_control)) {
+		    ieee80211_is_assoc_resp(hdr->frame_control) ||
+		    ieee80211_is_auth(hdr->frame_control)) {
 			ath_dbg(common, DYNACK, "late ack\n");
 			ath9k_hw_setslottime(ah, (LATEACK_TO - 3) / 2);
 			ath9k_hw_set_ack_timeout(ah, LATEACK_TO);
-- 
2.19.1